Jesuit Memorial College (JMC) is Catholic boarding secondary school in Port Harcourt, Nigeria for boys and girls. Open to all, Christians and non-Christians, it is owned and run by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). It was opened in 2013 in memory of 60 students of Loyola Jesuit College, Abuja, Nigeria who died in Sosoliso plane crash of 10 December 2005. JMC provides a well-rounded education in terms of conscience, competence, commitment and compassion.
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Status: Full Time
- The Counsellor attends to the socio-emotional life of every student.
- Among other things, he/she encourages/challenges students regularly during school assembly sessions, guides/counsels students in one-on-one sessions whenever the need arises and provides material for weekly sessions of Personal and Social Education.
- He/she also organizes career programmes for Basic 9 (JS 3) students and is in charge of university admissions.
- Above all, the Counsellor is a role model for every student.
- B.Sc (Educational Counselling) or its equivalent is required.
- Any higher degree or qualification, especially in the field of Educational Counselling, is an advantage.
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role. Any experience relating to Educational Counselling is an advantage.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, good command of English Language, good understanding of adolescent psychology, good interpersonal skills, a team player, ability to work effectively with minimum supervision, proficiency in use of Office Suites like Microsoft Word and Power Point.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, Curriculum Vitae (in Microsoft Word or PDF formats) and scanned Credentials to the "Human Resource Manager" via: firstname.lastname@example.org and CC the "Principal" via: email@example.com
Hard copies of the above-mentioned documents may be submitted at the school gate:
Jesuit Memorial College,
Elipokwoudu Road, Mbodo, Aluu