Group Chief Operating Officer - ESS/18/11/0 at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
Posted on: 23 November, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) - Our Client is a regional Financial Services Provider in the Re-insurance sector, now expanding into the entire continent of Africa. To coordinate our expansion drive and lead the operations teams across the various countries, we are looking for an astute professional to join our team in the capacity below:
Group Chief Operating Officer - ESS/18/11/0
Reference Number: 130-PEO00961
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Roles & Responsibilities
- The Group Chief Operating Officer (GCOO) will report to the Group Chief Executive Officer as well as work through and with group and subsidiary boards and co-ordinate the work of all offices.
- The GCOO would provide overall operational leadership of the Group in support of the Group Board of Directors & the Group Chief Executive. Specifically, the GCOO will:
- Provide direct oversight of the functions under the authority of the Group Chief Operating Officer
- Act as the Group Chief Executive, in the absence of the substantive Group Chief Executive
- Chair and attend management committee and sub-committee meetings.
- Ensure reports are submitted to Group and subsidiary Boards as well as group management committees.
- Lead the implementation of the approved strategic plan of the Group.
- Formulate a detailed programme of work plan, necessary tasks, define priorities and ensure implementation of program tasks by the team.
- Ensure Group-wide compliance with policies, procedures, processes, stated targets, legal and regulatory frameworks
- Monitor organisational performance, provide group-wide leadership, guiding and mentoring and promote inculcation of best practice, in departmental and office workflows among staff to achieve good results
- Ensure full integration and coordination of the Group’s resources (people, skills, technology and systems
- Engage constructively with other relevant agencies, clients, partners and other organisations
As a minimum, the ideal candidate MUST:
- Have a First Degree in a related discipline
- Be (at least) an Associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute, ACII or equivalent,
- Be an experienced reinsurance professional with at least 15 years work experience with 10 years in managerial role
- Excellent command of English and French Languages. A working knowledge of Arabic is desirable but not essential.
- A Master's Degree in Business Administration will be an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) career website on ww2.pwc.co.za to apply
- Know More About PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)Similar Jobs
- Executive Assistant to Senior Management at Data & Scientific Inc
- Business Analyst at Biacom Agro Nigeria Limited
- Front Desk Officer at Mt.Sinai Hospitals
- Female Personal Assistant at Aracely Limited
- Front Desk/ Customer Service Officer at Bellforte Consulting
- Admin Manager at Cambel Shipping and Logistics Service Limited
- OTC (Over The Counter) Manager at Tyonex Nigeria Limited
- Operation/Admin Manager at Tyonex Nigeria Limited