Human Dynamics is a specialized provider of consulting services for public sector clients, with a focus on transition and developing countries. We deliver technical development aid assistance on behalf of major international donors, principally the European Union, and we work toward achieving real progress in combating some of the most difficult international development issues.
Project: Technical Assistance for Implementation of Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Reform Programme Phase III (WSSSRP III)
Duration: 30 Work Days
- The Technical Assistance Team (Hulla & Co Human Dynamics KG) is seeking the services of qualified specialist engineers who will provide technical expertise in the contract management and supervision of work under the European Union funded Water Supply, and Sanitation Sector Reform Programme, Phase III in Adamawa, Ekiti and Plateau states.
Scope of Work
- The Hydrogeologist will provide technical support in the following area: Daily supervision of works with regard to hydrogeological issues
Required Profile of the Experts
- Master's Degree in Geology, Environmental Science, Geophysics, Science or Engineering, in Hydrogeology, Geochemistry, Engineering, Geology or Geography, or Environmental Science;
- Registered member of Council For The Regulation Of Engineering In Nigeria (COREN);
- Fluency in English;
- Computer skills: Ms Office. AutoCad would be an advantage.
General professional experience:
- A minimum of 12 years of professional experience in engineering;
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in implementation of water supply and sanitation projects;
- A minimum of 10 years of professional work experience in Nigeria;
Specific professional experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience in supervision of water works contracts in urban and small towns;
- Experience with regard to feasibility planning, detailed designs, contract ,management and operation of water supply and sewerage systems;
- At least 5 years’ experience in hydro-geological investigation;
- Ability to understand and interpret maps, geographical data, historical evidence and models to build up a picture of the groundwater regime and/or land contamination, often based on incomplete information;
- Ability to use computers to model groundwater flow, chemistry and temperature according to geological formations, surface water flow and man-made influence;
- Experience in the design and commission of boreholes, and sample and measure groundwater and surface water
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Applications and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com