Human Dynamics is a specialized provider of consulting services for public sector clients, with a focus on transition and developing countries. We deliver technical development aid assistance on behalf of major international donors, principally the European Union, and we work toward achieving real progress in combating some of the most difficult international development issues.
Senior WSSS Researcher
Project: Technical Assistance for Implementation of Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Reform Programme Phase III (WSSSRP III)
Duration: 100 Work Days
- The Technical Assistance Team (Hulla & Co Human Dynamics KG) is seeking the services of qualified experts who will provide technical expertise under the European Union funded Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Reform Programme, Phase III in Adamawa, Ekiti and Plateau states.
Scope of Work
The Senior Researcher with the support of a Junior Researcher will work on the following tasks:
- Carry out comparative study of different systems in other countries and recommendations on which model is best fitting in the context of Nigeria, drawing also from other donor’s experiences;
- Carry out and prepare a comprehensive diagnosis of the water supply and sanitation sector in each State;
- Carry out detailed studies on tariff billing and metering systems in urban areas and small towns and make recommendations;
- Presentation of findings and recommendations to public stakeholders and civil society/private sector representatives, also during round table meetings.
Required Profile of the Experts
- Master's Degree in Planning and Management, Water Engineering, Policy Development, Economics, Sociology, Development Studies, Law, Social Sciences, Finances or other relevant discipline
- Excellent writing, reporting and communication skills;
- Fluency In English.
General professional experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive responsibility in water sector institutional issues and/or water sector regulation/commercial studies;
- Commensurate experience in two or more relevant fields e.g. Water Policy development, Strategic plan development, water utility accounting systems, tariff billing and metering systems in utilities.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 5 years experience in water utility reform issues with experience in research studies covering areas such as tariff, billing, metering systems, commercialisation, regulation and performance monitoring.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Applications and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com