Community Liaison Officer at Dangote
Posted on: 19 November, 2018
Deadline: 20 November, 2018
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Dangote
The Dangote Group is one of Nigeria's most diversified manufacturing conglomerates. The Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
Community Liaison Officer
Function/Domain: Corporate Communications
- The primary role of the CLO is to support the Community Relations Manager in the implementation of a community development and engagement strategy.
- The CLO will work as part of a team in managing community relations strategy within the Project target areas that will assist local people to;
- Identify issues and find solutions to their own needs. Work together in taking action on the issues identified, which affect their lives. Support the development of local governance within the community.
- Implementation of community development strategy
- Work with the Community Relations Manager (CRM) in implementing a community development strategy that has clear guidelines, maintains confidentiality, a mechanism for follow up work and clearly fits in with the aims, objectives and actions for implementation over a 5-year period.
- Support the CRM during outreach programmes and in developing relations with key individuals and groups in the target areas in the Project host communities.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and host communities.
- Support the CRM in representing the project in meetings at the community level.
- Liaise effectively between the host communities and the project with regards to community relations and conflict resolution and management. Resource Mobilisation
- Support the CRM during advocacy initiatives to source support from other potential donors or partners for local institutions. Any other work:
- Undertake any other work assigned by the CRM or team lead which are necessary to the successful implementation of programme strategy.
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- A Degree or HND in Sociology, Community or Rural Development, Political Science, Humanities or related fields
- At least five years working experience in similar role
- Demonstrated experience in working with rural communities & community groups especially in troubled areas.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent verbal and written skills
- Good facilitation skills.
- Fluency in English is a must
- Ability to speak local language is essential (Yoruba and Ijebu dialect)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Dangote career website on careers.dangote-group.com to apply
- Know More About DangoteSimilar Jobs
- Deployment Editor at BBC
- Graphic Designer at Trouvise
- Digital Marketer & Customer Service Representative at Wura Africa Innovations
- Graphic Designer at MyJobMag.com
- Political News Writer at Iconway Media Limited
- Graphics Designer at Vista Africa Holdings
- Radio Presenter at Fesadeb Communications Limited
- Graphic Artist at Hazon Holdings