FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
- FHI 360 is seeking candidates for a Compliance Manager to provide technical leadership to an anticipated DFID-funded, eight-year Health Investment Programme in Nigeria. Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Oversees the administrative/operational processes that support project management and implementation activities and link them to enterprise supporting services.
- Promotes a project-wide culture of compliance and risk management and leads the development and execution of compliance processes and ensure the right tools and resources are in place for project success.
- Leads in project compliance strategic planning including leading regularly scheduled reviews of project operations to ensure procedures are implemented.
- Manages capacity building activities aimed at strengthening project operations and will manage/track special project initiatives as assigned.
- Advises project management and general staff on critical intersections between project implementation and compliance issues, based on knowledge of organizational policy, donor regulations, and specific award terms and conditions.
- Provides professional expertise in contract implementation and sub-award management to ensure full compliance with donor rules and regulations and efficient coordination with the FHI 360 contracts office.
- Provides field-based oversight of the sub-award solicitation, evaluation, negotiation, and pre-award responsibility determination processes.
- Supports the home office by preparing draft sub-contracts and grants request packages, as required, for home office submission to the donor.
- Provides guidance on interpretation and application of specified regulations.
- Trains other staff in standardized procedures for efficient award and sub award management.
- Creates/identifies training materials (online, webinars and in person) on compliance matters for project staff
- Bachelor’s degree, or its international equivalent or higher in Administration, Public Administration, Health Program Planning and Management, or other relevant field preferred;
- Typically requires 8+ years of compliance and risk management experience.
- Project or technical leadership experience required.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff
- At least five years of professional experience in managing DFID and/or international development organization projects and staff;
- Proven experience in DFID programmatic and financial regulations and reporting per DFID guidelines preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; knowledge of Hausa and other local languages will be an advantage;
- Experience in working with key stakeholders in Nigeria, particularly in the North and Northeast regions strongly desired;
- Certification in Compliance and Risk Management preferred.
- Prior management experience preferred.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.