Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
Child Protection Information Management System Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Plan International has secured funding from the German government through its German Federal Foreign Office (GFFO) for the implementation of a Child Protection Mobile program intervention in order to address the immediate protection needs of children, adolescents and their families affected by the crisis in North-East Nigeria.
- The crisis in North-East Nigeria has adverse psychological impact on children and caregivers thus building their resilience and coping mechanism is key to their recovers and fostering of social cohesion.
- In this regard, Plan International is recruiting Child Protection Information Management System Assistant (CPIMS Assistant) who will be responsible to manage information from the field including incident data recording into the database, compiling project 5Ws reports, provide monthly data trend analysis, and support service mapping and referrals in line with International minimum standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action and MHPSS guidelines.
- The post holder will be supervised directly by the Project Manager with technical line management and support from the CPIMS Officer.
- S/He is expected to work very closely with other members of the program team. Initial assignment is for 12 months with possibility of extension of up to 36 months depending on satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
Dimensions of Role:
- Communicates within Plan International Nigeria and with partners and related government institutions.
- The post holder will coordinate with Case Managers and the CPIMS Officer to ensure case management data is adequately captured, safe and secure and ensures regular back up.
- The role is part of a Mobile team responsible to provide rapid response services and must be willing to deploy in a very short notice in areas highly affected by influx of IDPs, volatile security and extremely hard to reach communities cut off by natural disaster like floods.
In collaboration with the IMS Officer, Case Managers and Project Officers, the CPIMS Assistant will directly be responsible for the following:
- Review and registration of all Child Protection Cases into the Inter-Agency CPIMS database and migrate data to CPIMS+ when it becomes ready
- Review and register all GBV incident data into the GBVIMS database and subsequently migrate such data to the GBVIMS+ when fully ready.
- Produce month data and trend analysis report to support case management meetings with case managers and Project Officers
- Capture all project activity data, complete the Inter-Agency 5Ws data and share with IMS Officer for final reporting to Protection Sector.
- Provide reminder to Case Managers and Officers on cases that need follow up and those that require closure.
- Ensure the protection of all beneficiary data and maintain high level of confidentiality.
- In collaboration with Project Officers, identify training needs for Case Managers on IMS including information sharing protocol
- Maintain electronic and manual filing of all case files and project reports
- Liaise with the Communication Advisor and project team to develop communication materials and ensuring such materials are cultural, gender sensitive and in line with Plan International standards.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- University degree or equivalent in Social Work, Demography, ICT
- Minimum of 2-year relevant experience in the areas of database management
- Minimum of 1-year relevant working experience in child protection prevention and response programming, humanitarian affairs or human rights.
- Experience working in emergency settings
- Experience working with unaccompanied and separated children and children formerly associated with armed forces and armed groups
- Experience working in a mobile team or a rapid response team
- Experience working with refugees and other vulnerable populations (ideal)
- Previous experience directly providing case management services to children at risk and survivors of abuse, exploitation and violence and developing/implementing referral pathways.
- Previous training on case management and CP/GBVIMS
- Strong skills in documentation, review and analysis of case file documentation
- Excellent community mobilization skills
- Ability to work individually and within a team with limited supervision. A self-starter.
- Good analytical, problem solving and project planning skills
- Able to communicate clearly and strategically with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of Plan. This includes effective negotiation and representation skills.
- Strong capacity building/training/coaching/mentoring skills with communities and internal and external staff
- Community oriented and respect for local culture
- Computer knowledge - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong command of both written and spoken English
- Knowledge of local language (Hausa, Kanuri) a must.
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of operations and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity
- Provides good and adequate administrative and logistical support to enable Programs to meet meets it’s agreed financial and program outcomes.
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and organizational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.