RF Planning Engineer (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 13 November, 2018
Deadline: 21 November, 2018
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
RF Planning Engineer (Supervisory)
- To design and plan MTNN radio networks (2G, UMTS, LTE and future technologies) on various layers (including in-building solutions IBS/DAS, FEMTO/small cells etc.) for cost effective deployment of radio network coverage and capacity, towards the achievement of MTNN’s network rollout objectives and marketing/business plan.
- Coverage – Ensuring that coverage is provided in all areas where MTN subscribers live, work and play and to maintain parity with the competitor where necessary.
- Produce Cost Effective radio designs - ensuring the network will be designed and built in the most cost effective way possible, e.g. rooftops/existing towers/water towers are easier and cheaper to build than greenfields
- Network Planning functions within the region which will be measured by:
- Capacity - Ensuring that at any time the network will be able to accommodate the subscriber level anticipated 3 months ahead
- Technology integration – Ensuring that multiservice sites (2G, 3G, etc) are properly designed and integrated with minimal complexity and good Inter Radio Access Technology performance.
- Time - Ensuring that network planning and site acceptance will be carried out in a manner to allow sufficient time for acquisition, construction and implementation of BTS and transmission links
- Maintain at all times a detailed knowledge of the behavior and status of all sites in the region of responsibility. This includes:
- Nominal plan
- Planned sites
- Site acquisition status
- Build configuration and status
- Traffic levels
- Voice traffic indices: GoS (Congestions stats), Dropped call rate, Control Channel failure, HO failure rate, half-rate
- Data traffic volumes and relevant indices
- Monitor and report all competitor activities
- The clutter data and propagation models (Planning Tool: Asset) will be checked at regular intervals to ensure that they offer a true reflection of the propagation environment·
- Be aware of any of the issues below that may affect the successful operation of MTN’s business within the region:
- Economic situation
- Social/community situations
- Provide specialist technical support to all other department regarding the network and radio related features
- Maintain the integrity of the contents of planning tools (esp. ASSET, and other records) and minimize discrepancies from live network
- Execute the nominal radio coverage and capacity rollout design for the region
- Carry out the detailed RF design to conform with the nominal rollout plan
- Monitor and analyze network performance and configuration to ensure KPIs are in conformance with targets for the region
- Continuously analyze traffic, utilization and subscriber growth in order to foresee needs for capacity expansion.
- Review, prepare and load cell data for integration of sites onto the network.
- Evaluate, verify and supervise the planning of MTNN radio networks by managed service vendor (s)
- Ensure value is created from Customer engagement & Operations:
- Maintain accurate and thorough Knowledge of the network, especially in assigned region/areas to aid decision making by stakeholders
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Experience & Training
- Fluent in English
- First degree in Electrical/Electronics or Telecommunications Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience with a GSM or Wireless Telecomm operator
- Experience working in a multi-vendor network
- Experience with Ericsson, Huawei and ZTE equipment will be desirable
- Training on the BSS aspect of a GSM network
- Radio planning and optimization of GSM and UMTS network
- Training on vendor equipment and software
- New technologies training
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from MTN Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- High Level Service Engineer (HLS) - (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Know More About MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Graphic Designer at Print Anything
- Software Engineer at Nicole Sinclair Consulting
- Desktop and Server Specialist at GVA Partners
- IT Support Officer at Paykobo
- Product Operations Associate at Paystack
- Software Developer at Ciphernet Technologies
- IT Student at Simba Group
- Full Stack Web Developer (Intern) at Vasiti Dotcom