Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Location: Ebonyi Application Link
Location: Osun Application Link
Location: FCT, Abuja Application Link
Project Overview and Role
- Health Policy Plus (HP+) is a USAID-funded five-year project awarded to Palladium (formerly Futures Group) on August 28, 2015. HP+ has a mandate across global, country and sub-national levels to strengthen and advance health policy priorities in the areas of family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH), HIV, and maternal health.
- HP+ aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through policy development and implementation, with an emphasis on voluntary, rights-based health programs.
- HP+ will help public health and policy leaders attach higher priority to their national and sub-national health needs, secure sustainable financing, advance health equity, and monitor policy implementation to ensure gains stay on track.
- HP+ aims to secure long-term enduring change by working with coalitions both inside and outside of health and showing common cause with neglected populations and other development actors.
- Central elements of HP+ revolve around building in-country capacity, institutionalizing achievements of past investments, and promoting country ownership of programs and initiatives.
- The Driver will be based in Ebonyi, Nigeria and he/she will transport staff and ensure the safety and security of the project's vehicle and staff.
Reporting to the Ebonyi Operations Officer, the Driver will:
- Transport staff and ensure the safety and security of the project's vehicle and staff. He/she will ensure proper maintenance of the vehicle and Inspect and prepare the vehicle for trips
- The Driver will complete the Fuel Log book accurately daily with mileage, fuel consumption information and submit to the Operations Officer monthly
- The Driver will ensure the complete documentation of all vehicles and prepare departures to the field including deliveries.
- Ensures punctuality and safe transport;
- Observes the road, traffic laws and regulations of Nigeria.
- Ensures safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and internally agreed standards.
- Ensures vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in good working condition always
- Ensures vehicle is always kept secured
- Ensures vehicle is given regular/day-to-day maintenance checks: check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres, etc.
- Ensures vehicle repairs are carried out properly by official manufacturers specification
- First School Leaving Certificate or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience as a driver in an INGO.
- A valid and current Nigerian driver’s license.
- Good reading and writing and communication skills.
- Accurate knowledge of all traffic rules.
- Good Mechanical Background.
- The ability to be flexible and adapt in a changing work environment.
- Good knowledge of security issues.