Quantity Surveyor at Stresert Services Limited
Posted on: 7 November, 2018
Deadline: 21 November, 2018
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Stresert Services Limited
StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Critically, we evaluate issues as they impact your business, and consequently deploy the appropriate skills and competencies to proffer the needed solutions.
- Co-ordinate with Project Manager, Engineers, Financial / Cost Accountant, Procurement and Commercial Team to ensure compliance in contracting, negotiating and effective costing of a project from start to end date.
- Review architectural plans and prepare quantity needs.
- Prepare cost analysis based on engineering estimates, architectural drawings, materials required and labour involved.
- Prepare cost plans to enable project team produce practical designs for all projects by liaising with engineers, architect and subcontractors.
- Evaluate and assist in negotiating tenders from contractors and subcontractors.
- Communicate regularly with project team and subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times.
- Control all stages of projects within predetermined budget and expenditure.
- Carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales.
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Supply all relevant information to the Head of Department and the Managing Director for review at the specified interval set.
- Commercial vetting of subcontractor tenders and contracts.
- Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
- Advise on property taxes, regulations, and local laws.
- Source maintenance costs and facilities management for clients.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with contractors and subcontractors.
- Utilize software to calculate, record, and track inventory and estimates.
- Analyze completed projects to determine ROI and compare.
- B.Sc / B.Tech Degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Engineering, Management, or any other relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 - 10 years experience inquantity surveying, general construction, FMCG or any other related field.
- Candidate must have required Professional Certificates.
- Candidate must be a certified member of NIQS, QSRBN and other Professional bodies.
- In-depth understanding of construction, materials, pricing, and industry.
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent reasoning, problem-solving and decision making ability.
- Analysis and interpretation of result.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and follow up skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate working teams.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and Construction Costing Software (CANDY).
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solution.
- Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets, and financial reports.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘QS-21’ as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only suitable applicants will be shortlisted and contacted for interviews.
- Know More About Stresert Services LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Assistant Construction Project Manager at Benedetto
- Construction Project Manager at Benedetto
- Architect at Management FIRST
- Quantity Surveyor at Advanced Concrete Technologies Ltd
- Senior Quantity Surveyor - Expatriate at Adexen
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control Officer at Mar and Mor Integarted Services
- Junior Quantity Surveyor at Mar and Mor Integarted Services
- Property Manager (Site Acquisition) at Food Concepts Plc