- Take part in our Job Search Survey 2019 and stand a chance to win a Samsung device. Get Started »
Senior Manager, Finance Services & Control Budget at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 5 November, 2018
Deadline: 13 November, 2018
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Senior Manager, Finance Services & Control Budget
- Finance Business Partnering-Finance
- To provide overall management, guidance, support and reporting of financial activities including OPEX and CAPEX for all Divisions apart from Network Group and S&D.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing the Division’s processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimization, OPEX, CAPEX requirements etc), to drive efficiency and gains to ensure savings on Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy.
- Serve MTNN’s customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected financial behaviors and impact of non-compliance on bottom line, business performance and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Partner with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners to deliver business value.
- Collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Develop short and long-term business strategy for all Divisions, administering all financial/business planning and resource development supports for them.
- Develop MTNN quarterly forecast, annual business plan and other strategic plans of the company, representing MTNN’s performance report to the top management and senior stakeholders.
- acilitate the entire budget and business plan process for MTNN, ensuring adherence to standard format and guidelines
- Develop and perform special projects financial modeling and analysis and make appropriate recommendations.
- Develop and implement tools, systems and processes for effective financial control.
- Provide leadership and manage the Finance Shared Service team, participating in all Divisional high-level decision-making management meetings.
- Act as interface with Finance Department, the board and stakeholders, external/internal parties, on submission and release of budgets and Divisional financial activities.
- Develop and provide guidelines to all the Divisions to effectively manage and control expenditure.
- Provide input in the negotiation of all commercial requirements for Divisional suppliers’ agreement.
- Drive and coordinate cost savings ideas/ initiatives and projects for Divisions
- Prepare and present Divisional financial management activities, OPEX and CAPEX reports, providing effective management information for decision making.
- Coach and train Finance Shared Service team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set target/requirement and regularly review their training needs
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Build capacity in the team through job rotations, project participation and other levers of Yello career
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- International and Local travels as required
Experience & Training
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- First degree in Accounting/Economics or related area of study
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- MBA is desirable
- 9 - 17 years industry-relevant work experience including:
- Manager track record of 3 to 5 years
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Experience in implementation of financial systems improvement initiatives
- Experience in developing and enhancing operational systems and controls to meet existing and future business requirements
- Leadership development programme
- Basic GSM overview training
- Strategy development and implementation
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from MTN Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Team Lead, DCG & Integration (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Manager, Budget & Financial Control at MTN Nigeria
- Advisor, Treasury Deals-Fixed Income (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Engineer - Core Network Planning (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Engineer - BTS Field & Radio HLS (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Accountant - Site Maintenance (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Manager, New Ventures at MTN Nigeria
- Engineer, Fiber Support (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Manager, Sales and Trade Development at MTN Nigeria
- Advisor, Regulatory Affairs (Commercial)-Supervisory at MTN Nigeria
- Know More About MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Head Cashier at NairaBet
- Production Accountant at Genesis Studios Limited
- Production Account Assistant at Genesis Studios Limited
- Finance Director at Genesis Studios Limited
- Financial Consultant at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Account Receivables Officer at Invent Alliance Limited
- Head, Financial Consulting at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Chief Internal Auditor at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)