Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
National Administration Assistant
Project Overview and Role
- The National Administration Assistant (NAA) will directly manage all office support staff and will work closely with National Logistics Officer to ensure the effective support to the delivery units.
- The NAA shall support the National Administration Manager for the day to day administrative support required by the National Support office and the delivery units.
- The NAA will provide cover for the NAM when the substantive is on leave.
- The National Administration Assistant reports to the National Administration Manager
- Line management of Office Assistant. This includes conducting staff performance management, mentoring, facilitating the development of the OA, and approval of their timesheets, appraisal and enforcement of discipline wherever required.
- This position has no signatory authority but will work as part of the team to ensure that the variance of spend against forecast remains below 2% on a monthly basis, this is achieved by good communication of spend and anticipated spend against forecast to the Finance Officer.
- All administrative expenditure within your purview must be forecast to the NAM who will aggregate and transmit to the National Finance Manager according to the internal FTR process. Discuss any envisaged variations from the forecast spend should be made known in a timely manner to ensure that project budgets can be managed accurately.
- The NAA shall maintain a good working relationship with hotels and undertake fair and transparent procurement processes, in line with DFID and Palladium policies and procedures to ensure that value for money is achieved for DFID whenever mandated.
Teamwork & Mentoring:
- Familiarize yourself with the ToR of your team and all your team members as well as key programme management frameworks: technical, financial and administrative policies and guidelines.
- Line management of any administrative support staff – staff performance management, including mentoring, staff development (in line with ECP’s Mission, Vision, Values & Behaviors and their ToR), signing off timesheets, appraisal and enforcement of discipline.
- Establish a good working relationship with the National Logistics officer, National finance officer.
- Establish working relationships with counterparts in PERL pillars 1 and 3 if relevant
- Support the NAM in documenting results from NAM’s mentoring of other colleagues and relevant suppliers (in this case hotels) and direct provision of guidance and support, consistent with ECP’s key values/principles.
- Actively contribute to Team-Building within the state team - use of shared mission, vision, values, identity/public profile, use of staff meetings, staff welfare, social events, formal and informal opportunities, etc, to reinforce teamwork. Actively contribute to a positive office culture within the joint Palladium office in your location (if applicable), and collaborate with other programmes to ensure operational synergies. Look out for, highlight and support resolution of internal challenges impacting on team performance.
Establishment and implementation of Office Administration Systems (working with the guidelines developed within the programme operations manual):
- Work to ensure that the OA maintain a very clean and friendly working space for all staff of ECP and reporting daily progress and anomalies to the NAM.
- Maintain a stock of stationaries and all other provisions for the National support office, rendering monthly account to the NAAM on stock and reorder levels.
- Establish good working relationship with all the members of the National Support Team.
- Establish a feedback mechanism for checking the work, improving quality of the work and to mentor the OA.
National Office Administration:
- Coordinate support with the OAs and NLO/NFO officers in the NST for any meetings arrangements.
- Work with the NAM to ensure that all staff are familiar with the Programme Operations Manual, including SharePoint policies and procedures, and that updates to these are quickly and efficiently taken on board by the programme.
- Information Management - ensure effective use of internal information management systems, this include the use of filing systems, file coding, data protocols, electronic file version control and data back-up, and supervise the provision of local IT support for the state office (in close collaboration with the M&E/KM ICT Specialist).
- Actively participate to provide hotel accommodation for STTA/LTA visiting Abuja for meetings and events
- Compile a periodic (monthly/weekly) work schedule for the state team and circulate to all staff (via notice board/e-mail).
- Support the NAM in Local recruitment by circulating job adverts, prepare interview documents for the panel, ensure the venue is booked and ready for the interview, and file interview reports.
- Collate STTA approved timesheets/invoices for and submit to the NAM review,
- Review all Deltek timesheets and prepare monthly time collection for NAM review and approval
- Procuring hotel services while adhering to DFID and Palladium procurement regulations and as defined in the ECP Programme Operations Manual, and basic familiarization and appreciation of the programme’s financial systems.
- Update the units VFM log to demonstrate economy savings.
- Take stock of all stationary and office supplies and record in the ‘stock control book’ ensuring that additional stock is ordered as required.
- Actively participate in the planning of inductions/orientations for new state team members; maintain accurate personnel records including timesheets and leave applications. These should be appropriately stored in a confidential manner in an area accessible to the NAM.
- Maintain robust register to keep record of all incoming correspondence, office stock, leave request forms, as well as scan all enrollee insurance forms for easy accessibility.
- Take minutes of general/operational staff meetings and ensure that these are circulated to all staff in a timely manner
- Other reasonable tasks/amendments to TOR.
- Agree that performance will be assessed based on these Terms of References. Any amendments to these ToRs should be discussed and agreed with your line manager.
- Understand that you will be expected to undertake any reasonable task as requested by their line manager where it is not disruptive to other duties or inappropriate for the level of this position.
- Support the National Administration Manager in ensuring implementation and compliance with functional processes and systems for ECP. Paying particular attention to the areas of HR, office administration and STTA management
Information Management :
- Ensure that familiarity with all DFID and Palladium Policies and procedures and check SharePoint regularly to ensure that any updates are also being implemented in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all work is completed in an accountable and transparent manner, this includes the use of official emails for work purposes, and use of personal emails will not be permitted. All work must be saved to the agreed server storage systems and not individual desktops or hard-drives.
Minimum education and experience required:
- Bachelor's degree in any subject area or field
- Ability to manage an office
- At least 1 year providing admin support to any business concernin the Nigerian context
- Key competencies and professional expertise required
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
Key Values and Behaviors required:
- Respectfulness & Inclusiveness
- Learning & Sharing
- Adaptive and Iterative.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium Group career website on palladiumhr.secure.force.com to apply