KPMG Professional Services is the KPMG member firm in Nigeria. The partners and people have been operating in Nigeria since 1978, providing multidisciplinary professional services to both local and international organizations within the Nigerian business community. Our vision is to build and sustain our reputation as the best firm to work with by ensuring our people, clients and communities achieve their full potential. At KPMG, we are committed to working with our clients to cut through complexities of the business world - finding solutions and adding value.
General Manager, Quality Service Restaurant
Ref #: CYG211
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Detailed Job Description
Reporting to the Executive Director Operations, the GM, QSR will:
- Ensure the financial viability of the business as well as sustainability of the business in a competitive environment
- Develop and implement the strategic plan for the QSR business in the most cost effective and time efficient manner
- Lead, inspire/motivate and manage the QSR employees to deliver the business units strategic objectives.
- Oversee the development and implementation of a strategic plan for the QSR business division
- Provide strategic guidance and oversight for the development and implementation of tactical and operational plans for all QSR outlets
- Oversee the development and implementation of a Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) manual to guide all activities in all outlets
- Ensure the establishment and implementation of standard QSR supply chain policies and procedures in line with leading practices
- Oversee the development and continuous update of a customer relationship management tool to prompt effective response to current and prospective customer needs.
- Continuously review of the departmental activities and make recommendations for improvement to the EDO
- Motivate, guide and ensure knowledge transfer and capacity-building of all QSR Staff
- Manage the career and developmental needs of all QSR staff
- Ensure all QSR staff timely obtain their training and certification requirements (e.g. food safety, medicals, quality control, customer service, etc.)
- Collaborate with Human Resources Department to oversee the recruitment and management of contract and temporary staff
- Assign detailed responsibilities to direct reports and supervise them to ensure timely and high quality results
- Oversee and coordinate the day-to-day activities of the business unit and provide overall leadership and guidance to all Operations Managers, Team Leads and other service staff
- Manage the human and material resources of the department to optimize performance and output
- Work with Finance/Accounts unit to ensure required measures are put in place to facilitate prompt payment to vendors for supply of materials
- Develop, implement and maintain necessary controls
- Review and authorize key expenditures/transactions for the division in line with approved financial authority limits
- Oversee the preparation of the QSR business units annual budget and monitor its implementation
- Ensure the timely and cost effective procurement and distribution of materials and equipment/tools between the central warehouse and all outlets
- Conduct regular site visits and spot checks to all outlets to monitor and ensure full compliance with defined food safety, cleanliness and hygiene policies and procedures
- Oversee and ensure full adherence to agreed recipe, menu/meal plans
- Act as an ambassador for the company's QSR business unit and ensure full engagement with all internal and external stakeholders.
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant professional qualification and certification
- Post qualification of 7 years with at least 3 years senior level experience
- Overall Profitability
- Customer Satisfaction Levels
- Overall Sales and Revenues
- Business Unit Profitability
- Fulfillment of SLAs
- HSE Compliance
- Growth in Customer Base.
- Operational Losses.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.