FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno Application Link
Location: Damaturu, Yobe Application Link
Supervisor: Monitoring, Evaluating and Learning (MEL) Advisor
- Under the supervision of the MEL Advisor, the Database Officer will provide support in programming, testing and management of education-related data on various monitoring, evaluation and learning information data and software. Performs data set conversions and data transfer in support of projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze data sets and technical assessment finding and interprets as high-quality reports. Coverts data sets between formats using standard tools.
- Performs database administration tasks. Creates and maintains documentation in support of tasks performed.
- Ensures quality of data coordinating schedules and maintains work instructions and SOP’s ; conducts Quality Assurance Checks on submitted data.
- Maintains SOPs and work instructions for quality data collection, verification and analysis. Researches new technologies for use within the Data Management division.
- Maintains SOPs and work instructions for Query subgroup tasks.
- Creates summary reports describing the status of all DM division projects.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of basic regulatory requirements for data acquisition and quality assurance.
- Conducts analysis of program implementation to identify areas of weakness or opportunity vis a vis the appropriate technical strategy and guidelines.
- Prepares reports and papers summarizing project results. Conduct routine coordination with FHI employees and consultants, on-site and in the field.
- Represent FHI and/or Institute to external organizations at professional meetings and conferences as assigned. Maintain a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge and experience in specific technical area related to education programs in developing countries. Informed on current program developments in division/unit area of expertise by review of current literature and alert colleagues and/or management team to any implication of such research for project activities.
- Knowledge of evaluation methodologies to judge effectiveness of technical assistance efforts and programs. Interpret data and draw appropriate conclusions to their significance and relevance to public health.
- Familiarity with donor funded programs and communication styles. Writing and verbal communication skills.
- Works independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow. Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office) Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally at least 25%.
Qualifications and requirements
- BS/BA in relevant field, and 5-7 years relevant experience; or MS/MA in relevant field, and 3 - 5 years relevant experience. or PhD, MD or similar degree with 1 - 3 years relevant experience.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.