Teacher Education Specialist - Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+) at Creative Associates International
Posted on: 31 October, 2018
Deadline: 5 November, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International (Creative) is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Creative has been in Nigeria since 2004, and is currently accepting applications from senior and mid-level candidates for long-term positions for an anticipated agriculture value chain and competitiveness development program in Nigeria.
Teacher Education Specialist - Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+)
- The Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+) project works to improve the quality of and access to education in Northern Nigeria, equitably and sustainably.
- The Senior Teacher Education Specialist will be responsible for providing technical leadership for all teacher education activities, including leading and coordinating the teacher education and systems support activities at the national and stale level.
- The position requires experience with teacher training policy and practice, designing programs for data collection and analysis, and personnel management.
Reporting & Supervision
- This position is housed in Abuja, Nigeria, reporting to the Senior Reading Specialist.
- Lead integrated state and LGEA, SUBEB, and SBMC -working groups and steering committees in the following tasks:
- Identification of education priorities
- Assessment of education standards
- Review and strengthen instructional quality and teacher performance assessments
- Strengthen instructional quality standards
- Ensure technical coordination of state-level activities and obtain support from directorates and local government authorities as needed.
- Work closely with the Reading Specialist to manage support staff and consultants as needed to ensure the smooth implementation of project activities across technical areas.
- Ensure the timely production, coordination, and reporting of all data: quarterly reports, M&E data, financial information, etc.
- Support the development of reading curriculum and standards in colleges of education in collaboration with NCCE and state-based colleges of education.
- Participate in regular meetings and maintain regular communication with state level team counterparts. and with the Senior Reading Specialist to ensure coherent planning, M&E practices, and project troubleshooting.
- Represent the project in major state meetings and events as appropriate.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Requires a Master's Degree in Education.
- At least eight years of experience in the education sector, with at least five years of a leadership role in a conflict or crisis-affected country context.
- The candidate must demonstrate at least five years of relevant technical experience working with activities that are of a similar scope to this activity.
- The candidate is also responsible for some monitoring and evaluation, with at least five year's technical experience in developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation plans and results-based management
- The candidate must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume/CV to: email@example.com with "Teacher Education Specialist" as the subject of the email.
Note: Only finalists will be contacted.
- Know More About Creative Associates InternationalSimilar Jobs
- School Bus Nanny at Masters Ville Children School
- E-learning Support Officer at Chips Bits & Bytes Limited (CBBL)
- Counsellor at Bradfield Consulting
- Head of School at Millie's International School
- Assistant Boarding House Parent (Female) at British International School
- Senior Boarding House Parent (Male) at British International School
- Female Nursery & Primary Educator at Millie's International School
- Vice-Chancellor at Wellspring University