FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small scale businesses that have been turned down by traditional banks, so that these businesses can start, grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income, nutrition, employment and well-being.
FINCA pioneered the "Village Banking method of credit delivery, now used by hundreds of organizations worldwide. Our programs reach low-income people in more diverse countries than any other microfinance provider.
Team Lead, Learning & Staff Development
Location: Owerri , Imo
- FINCA is recruiting for an experienced, motivated and hands-on individual to fill the position of Team Lead - Learning and Staff Development (TL-LSD) for FINCA Microfinance Bank Limited, Nigeria.
- This position is middle management level with direct report to the Head of Human Resources (HHR). This role is designed to ensure FINCA maintains an effective developed work force through professional trainings and individual development opportunities to serves the needs of the organization.
- The TL-LSD is responsible in planning, organizing and managing training programs.
- The preparation and implementation of training, ensuring ongoing needs assessment, sound training designs and professional delivery are required of the TL-LSD. Furthermore, the TL-LSD conducts training evaluations, follow-ups and learning verification activities in line with FINCA training policies and procedures.
- Finally the job holder facilities FINCA Development Academy (FDA) activities at the subsidiary level, with technical support provided by the FDA Director.
Subsidiary Level Training:
- Management and backstopping of training staff
- Planning of the subsidiary training programs by providing required training tools; conducts training needs analysis and reviews all performance appraisals, recruitment notes, test scores and other relevant notes that improves staff efficiency; As well prepares training budget with HHR.
- Follow up on all subsidiary training programs.
- Assist the HHR in leading, guiding and training line managers to implement performance management process.
- Conducts the performance evaluation process and collect data that identifies gaps and training needs for future performance as well as new skills application and the impact on performance.
- Conducts individual and team development activities.
FINCA Development Academy (FDA) Activities;
- Cooperate with FDA director in all training and development related activities, following approved FINCA training standards.
- Provide administrative and organizational support for FDA training and FDA related activities such as enrolment, publications, module development, planning, preparation and implementation of pre-post testing and/or professional certification processes, as well as implementation of trainings.
- Act as a trainer at FDA trainings as agreed and scheduled by the director and share resources and s specific individual talent in developing and running the FDA. As well actively participate in all FDA meetings and make suggestions to the improvement of FDA training standards.
Provide training reports to HHR at subsidiary level and FDA at the global monthly or as may be required.
- University degree in related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a related role, ideally in financial services or another private sector role.
- Proven communication and training skills; had led training of trainers courses and created curriculum for roll out to an entire organization
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
- Pursues training and development opportunities;
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills;
- Shares expertise with others.
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming;
- Maintains confidentiality;
- Listens to others without interrupting;
- Keeps emotions under control;
- Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations;
- Listens and gets clarification;
- Responds well to questions;
- Demonstrates group presentation skills;
- Participates in meetings.
- Writes clearly and informatively;
- Edits work for spelling and grammar;
- Varies writing style to meet needs;
- Presents numerical data effectively;
- Able to read and interpret written information.
- Proficient with MS - Office suites especially Excel Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities;
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views;
- Gives and welcomes feedback;
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
- Puts success of team above own interests;
- Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives;
- Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Change Management:
- Develops workable implementation plans;
- Communicates changes effectively;
- Builds commitment and overcomes resistance;
- Prepares and supports those affected by change;
- Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Understands business implications of decisions;
- Displays orientation to profitability;
- Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition;
- Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Works within approved budget;
- Develops and implements cost saving measures;
- Contributes to profits and revenue;
- Conserves organizational resources.
- Treats people with respect;
- Keeps commitments;
- Inspires the trust of others;
- Works with integrity and ethically;
- Upholds organizational values.
- Follows policies and procedures;
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time;
- Ssupports organization's goals and values;
- Benefits organization through outside activities;
- Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities;
- Uses time efficiently;
- Plans for additional resources;
- Sets goals and objectives;
- Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks;
- Develops realistic action plans.
Method of Application
Interestd and qualified candidates should submit their Application via: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position as subject of the application; For consideration of your application, CV must be in Word or PDF format and less than 4 pages.
Note: The TL-LSD position is located in Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria, qualified and selected candidate MUST be willing to relocate to Owerri, Imo State.