Transit and Shipping Coordinator at Sunray Ventures
Posted on: 29 October, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Sunray Ventures
Sunray Ventures is an African venture builder, addressing Africa’s core opportunities and challenges, by building and growing high-impact companies that are leaders in their respective fields. Sunray Ventures currently works in three different verticals.
Transit and Shipping Coordinator
- Prepare and submit for approval the Transit & Shipping Process
- Perform analysis of PO and current contract to ensure the adequate Transit & Shipping strategy is implemented
- Propose and implement the use of reporting and operating tools
- Lead the function
- Use the appropriate ERP
- Ensure orders are made for its activity and invoices are paid
- Ensure all activities meet audit requirements in compliance with the Group policies and procedures, as well as the Group Business rules and Ethics, in order to minimize any potential partner/audit claims or court actions.
- Ensure that all local and international regulation are strictly adhered to.
- Be the group resource and expect for all matters related to Shipping, Transit or Custom activities
- Always enforce HSE requirements and compliance.
- Ensure to not expose the Group or its company to claims or legal issues.
- Always ensure equipment are delivered on time for operation.
- Make recommendation to management and colleagues in order to improve processes and protect the Group interest
- Follow and ensure performance of 3PL
- Ensure that all the equipment purchased, stored or owned by the Group are in full compliance with all NCS or other agencies requirements.
- Ensure strict compliance of all activities with NCS requirements
- Identify and maximize the use of best practices in his/her work & the work of other members of the team, particularly in key areas where the Transit & Shipping activity can add value.
- Optimize savings for the company by all means possible by bringing his/her professional experience.
- Propose and implement KPI’s and REX practices in order to ensure continuous improvement within the function.
- Perform regular reporting of the activity
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by his/her hierarchy.
- Requires a very good interpersonal relationship, conviviality, capacity of anticipation, analysis and synthesis
- Willingness to cooperate in terms of transversal relationship is primordial in this tasks in managing unforeseen operational issues
- This job requires previous exposure to NCS and good relationship with NCS personnel
- A good Degree in Engineering, Business Management or Social Sciences
- Membership in the applicable professional body not a prerequisite but would be encouraged
- At least 10 years of experience in an industrial environment with a minimum of 5 years of experience in Transit & Shipping activities in Nigeria
- Strong communication and analytical skills are necessary for a range of complex internal and external negotiations
- Working in a thriving, fast paced environment
- Opportunities for growth
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- Bonus scheme.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Sunray Ventures
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Special Assistant to the Founder/ Director at Sunray Ventures
- Know More About Sunray VenturesSimilar Jobs
- Route Manager at Akwa Ibom Transport Company Limited (AKTC)
- Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) Program Logistics Manager at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Transport and Logistics Associate at Management Sciences For Health - MSH
- Driver/Logistics Assistant at CBM International
- Roving Logistics Assistant at Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)
- Terminal Operations Manager at ConnectRail Service Limited
- Outbound Logistics Supervisor at UNOCASA Limited
- Logistics Supervisor at Dogan's Sugar Limited