Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Management Information Systems Intern
Starting date: November 2018
Contract duration: 6 months
Line Manager: Information Systems Manager
- Support the formulation and integration of Management Information System technology
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support conception, editing and updating of information management systems
- Manage data entry and guarantee its quality
- Support quality and security of program related data
- Support in management of MIS platforms (Red Rose and Kobo)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support technical team in form coding
- Uploading and management of surveys form on MIS platforms
- Support IS Manager in storage and security of beneficiaries data
- Formulation and integration of Geographic Information System technology and other related spatial information applications, for operational programming needs.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support collection of information and study trends for the preparation of maps and its documentation, as required for analysis or reporting needs
- Create, organize and archive maps using GIS software and maintenance of reference datasets for Action Against Hunger areas of operations
- Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including field observation, satellite imagery, and existing maps
- Project Manager and M&E Manager: exchange of information, reporting, collaboration, coordination.
- Deputy PM and M&E Manager: exchange of information, collaboration, coordination.
- Project and M&E Officers and Assistants: Ensure exchange of information, collaboration and coordination.
- Other Action Against Hunger M&E staff: exchange of information, collaboration and coordination.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Any related prior internship experience is preferred;
- Exceptional organization, time management, and attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment;
- Excellent computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be a resident of Abuja and within the ages of 20 to 30 years.
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Commitment to and understanding of Action Against Hunger aims, values and principles.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with SPSS and GIS.
- Strong interpersonal and community norms understanding.
- Experience in community development programming, preferably in nutrition, food security, livelihoods or WASH.
- Experience with ODK and mobile data collection methodologies and devices.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.