Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose - to make an impact that matters.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is a leading professional services firm, providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory, Business Process and Corporate Finance services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries.
Transmission Transaction Advisor
Requisition code: NG158103VA
Direct Report: PMO/Results Management Lead
Business Unit: General
- The Transmission Transaction Advisor is responsible for designing and implementing NPSP activities to achieve program goals related to overcoming constraints in transmission capacity and investment.
- The Advisor will provide technical assistance in support of the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN), including reviewing and prioritizing key transmission projects from resources such as the Transmission Rehabilitation and Expansion Plan, adding clarity to planned transmission investments from Development Partners, and helping implement private sector investment options.
- The Advisor will advance priority project transactions, support transparent and efficient tenders, advise on the bankability and structuring of specific transactions, and plan and implement activities that will improve solvency of the Transmission Company of Nigeria.
- The Advisor may also conduct gap analyses of enabling environments needed to support private-sector based finance of transmission infrastructure and convey these gaps to the program’s enabling policy team.
- The Advisor may also be tasked to undertake other tasks as assigned.
- Coordinate transmission transaction support with project funding sources for all priority transmission expansion projects (AfDB, JICA, World Bank, Islamic Development Bank, private sector, etc.)
- Work with TCN and the Ministry of Power (MoP) to re-assess the TCN Expansion Plan and the Fichtner Plan to ensure they adequately provide for transmission needed for planned generation over the next 10 years
- Review and prioritize transmission projects, identify funding sources and investors, support transparent and efficient tenders, advise on the bankability and structuring of specific transactions, and assess strategic and operational improvements in the energy sector
- Assess private-sector or PPP finance approaches, and collaborate closely with TCN/MoP to ensure these financing approaches are successful on a policy level, e.g. by working with the program’s policy team on appropriate regulations and incentives to support public/private ventures in transmission, including standardized wheeling policies; competitive energy zones to optimize generation and transmission investments; standardized and enforceable Independent Power Transmission contracts
- Conduct independent economic analyses to calculate needed cost recovery mechanisms, such as a transmission tariff or a European style pass-through charge, to allow for TCN to stay solvent and to generate sufficient return to repay private sector investment
- Update on a weekly basis, a spreadsheet that acts as a repository of transaction-related aspects of prioritized generation transactions
- Work with and report out to the Outcome 1 Team Lead to ensure ongoing focus on transmission-related activities that contribute to program goals of rehabilitated and expanded transmission capacity to enable more efficient transmission of generation capacity.
- All applicants are expected to have either a minimum of an MS/MA/MBA with at least 10 years of relevant experience; a BS/BA Degree with at least 15 years of relevant experience or a degree less than a BS/BA with at least 20 years of experience.
- Strong financial modeling experience
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Self-starter with the ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow, excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and ability to work independently
- Experience working with and presenting to senior executives
- Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills, and be comfortable interacting with executive-level management.
What Impact Will You Make?
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
- At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
- From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Centre.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Applicants should send their Applications to: email@example.com