Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin, a second generation Polytechnic in Nigeria was established in 1972. The institution s one of the top Polytechnics in Nigeria in terms of the number of candidates seeking for admission yearly. The Institution has remained outstanding because of its stable academic calendar for a decade, with about 60 accredited ND & HND programmes, quality of students being turned out on yearly basis and regular payment of staff salaries.
The position of Registrar became vacant from 1st October, 2018, following the retirement of the substantive Registrar In the light of the foregoing, applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Administrative Officer of the Polytechnic and is responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day administration of the Polytechnic.
- The Registrar is also the secretary to the followings organs of the Polytechnic:
- The Governing Council.
- The Finance and General Purposes Committee (F&GPC) of Council
- The Acdemic Board.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants should be holders of a good honours degree from a recognized institution of higher learning plus at least 17 years cognate experience or holders of Masters Degree from a recognized institution of higher learning plus at least 16 years cognate experience or holders of Degree plus at least 12 years cognate experience.
- Applicants must currently be staff in similar tertiary institutions and should not be more than 55 years of age at the time of resumption for the appointment. It is also required that the applicant should have spent not less than five(5) years on the rank of Deputy Registrar.
- Applicants must be versatile in ICT and its application and must belong to recognized Professional Bodies.
Conditions of Service
The salary, allowances and conditions of service of the Registrar are as applicable in all tertiary institutions in Kwara State. These are also subject to review from time to time as may be approved by the State Government.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty-five (25) copies of the following;
- Typewritten Application Letter and photocopies of credentials
- Curriculum Vitae giving the following information:
- Full names (surname underlined)
- Age stating date and place of birth
- Marital status stating number of children and age
- Name and address of next of kin
- State of origin arid Local Government Area
- Contact address indicating permanent postal & e-mail addresses
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications and Distinctions
- Membership of professional bodies
- Work experience (in chronological sequence)
- Present employment, status and salary
- Extra curricular activities
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees
Applicants are expected to request their Referees to forward Confidential Reports on them directly to:
Kwara State Polytechnic,
P.M.B. 1375, Ilorin,
- Applications should be forwarded to the "Registrar by Hand or Post" not later than the closing date above.
- Only the applications of candidates shortlisted for interview will be acknowledged please.
- Applicants are also advised to visit the website of the Polytechnic for further information.