Ashton & Dave Travels and Holidays Limited - We are an International Travel Agency that base in Lagos with branches and subsidiaries in other parts of the country.
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- We seek applications from qualified and suitable candidates for the position of a Chef in our Port Harcourt Guest House from a growing offline and online hospitality brand, that would be saddled as follows:
Key Areas of Responsibility
- To ensure the production of high quality of food
- To control costs and expenses in the procurement of food, beverages and other kitchen allied items
- To ensure effective communication with staff members.
Scope of Work
- Purchasing high quality products
- Plan and develop menus for all food outlets in the Guest House
- Analyzing and testing new products
- Follow up of daily market produce
- Controlling proper storage of food
- Production of high quality food
- Random, regular checkup of all areas to ensure proper sanitation and hygiene
- Checking all food ingredients from the supplier at receiving bay
- Maximizing the productivity of staff through proper supervision
- To ensure guest’s satisfaction in all food outlets
Maximization of Profitability:
- Controlling food production
- Controlling all other expenses
- Controlling maintenance of all equipment
- Weekly check in the local market for new products with the best value for money
Commercial and Marketing:
- Development of new menus
- Analysis of competition
Education and Experience Required
- To perform these functions successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory standard.
- Minimum of Hotel Diploma or equivalent in Catering & Hotel Management or its equivalent
- Minimum of four years’ experience in similar position or training (with proven track records); or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to calculate figures and amount such as discounts, proportions, and percentages
- Significant experience in the Food and Beverage Industry, especially in Kitchen Management
- Proven working experience as Head Chef.
- Excellent records of Kitchen Management
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Capable of delegating multiple tasks
- Keep up with cooking trends and best practices
- Sensitivity to guests: good relationship skills
- Must be computer literate and must have work knowledge of various computer software programs (Micro Soft Offices, Restaurant Management software, POS, etc)
- Effective management.
- Ability to speak and write clearly, Must be able to listen to, read and/or write instructions, memos, short correspondences and messages. Second language would be an added advantage.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to interact positively with Management, co – workers, and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality
- Ability to come to work regularly and on time, to follow directives, to take criticism, to get along with co – workers and guests, to treat co workers, supervisors and guests with respect and courtesy, and to refrain from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behavior.
Very attractive and negotiable.
Method of Application
Applicants should please send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com using the position as the subject of the mail.
Note: Please adhere strictly to the Job Description (JD) requirements. CV's without the required hospitality experience will be discarded.