RTI International is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 5,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
RTI International, hereby invites applications from highly resourceful, motivated and experienced professionals to fill the vacant position below:
State Team Lead (STL)
RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners are implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (E-WASH) program. E-WASH will provide technical assistance to and will work in collaboration with state governments to improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of six (6) state water boards (SWBs) in Nigeria. The overall goal is improvement of urban water and sanitation service delivery.
- The Sate Team Leader will be responsible for the overall implementation of the E-WASH project reform activities across sectors i.e. utility operations, financial and human resources at the state level.
- The STL will also be responsible for ensuring high level stakeholder engagement, building strong relationships with state-level counterparts particularly within the state water board (SWB) to ensure the sustainability and effectiveness of reform efforts. Lead efforts for technical assistance to and capacity of counterparts to deliver high-quality services.
- Oversee the delivery of services from short term experts and support the overall harmonization of institutional and community efforts at state level. Liaise with security, finance and M&E counterparts to support state-level implementation. Oversee state level advisors.
- State Team Leader positions are only available for Imo, Niger and Sokoto States
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Master's degree and 9 years of experience or Bachelor's Degree and 12 years of experience in either policy, institutional development, engineering, environment and such related fields.
- At least 9 years proven experience in leadership positions in a water and sanitation sector institution.
- Expertise in performance and process improvement for institutions, understanding of capacity assessment tools and knowledge of utility operations or policy framework.
- Proven ability to effectively engage with and build capacity of government counterparts
- Demonstrated strength in diplomacy and consensus building to support reform and institutional change efforts.
- Experience is managing a multi-sectoral team
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letters and CV's as one single Word document to: Recruitment@ewash.rti.org Using the Job Title and Location as the subject e.g "STL Imo", "STL Niger" or "STL Sokoto" (no other text should be on this subject line) If you would like to be considered in 2 or more states, then you have to submit two or more applications but stating the states of your interest as per the above instruction.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis hence i.e we stop recruiting as soon as the right candidate is found. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert. This is a re-advertisement hence you are required to re-apply if you had done so earlier. Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply. We offer a highly competitive renumeration. Take note that any successful candidate will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation.
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V