Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Duration: 6 months renewable
Starting Date: ASAP
- The Project Manager is responsible for the overall activities’ planning, execution and reporting of Livelihoods projects
- He/she is directly assigned to, and responsible of the supervision of all logistics, HR, financial and overall functioning aspects for his projects.
- Under the direct supervision of the Head of Base and in link with the Program Manager, he/she provide overall managerial oversight to livelihood project and support livelihood project implementation team to ensure cross departmental coordination with WFP food security and livelihood component
- Work with donor and program team to maintain and update livelihoods implementation plan,in cooperation and synergy with the project staff, plans and monitors the livelihood activities’ progress, in compliance with the donor regulations with donor’s and COOPI’s procedures, and with the specific Project Structure and Reporting Lines definition, making use of the financial instruments provided by the organization;
- In collaboration with the Administrative and the Logistics team, plans and monitors the expenditures in line with the project’s implementation needs;
- In cooperation with the Program Manager, finalizes the data provided by his/her team, supports the preparation, in compliance with the deadlines, of the narrative reports expected by the donors and by the partners;
- Coordinates the overall project: supervises the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the staff; monitors the accuracy and efficiency of activities;
- Represents COOPI with the local / State authorities and partners
- In collaboration with the Program Manager and Head of Base, prepares all the formal communication and contract modification requests (ex. budget modification) of the project;
- Liasse with logistics/ procurement team to ensure the goods purchased for the project; for all goods purchased by the project, support updates of the inventory and guarantee the respect of the policies and guidelines, in cooperation with the Logistics Office;
- In collaboration with the Program Manager and in synergy with the specific reporting lines of the projects, promotes and manages relations with the local government institutions, NGOs, and other local partners available in the area;
- Ensure compliance with the fund and timely fulfilment of project’s reporting requirements.
- Executes any other task necessary to good and timely completion of the projects, identified in mutual agreement.
- In coordination with the Administrative team, supports in hiring of new staff directly related to the project and conducts staff appraisals Upholds COOPI’s mission and Charter of Values;
- Put in place and follow in accountability and beneficiaries feedback mechanism
- Follows and enforces all COOPI codes of conduct and policies (globally and in-country);
- Performs any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Support Program Manager to explore livelihood program expansion and fundraising
- Master's Degree in Humanitarian/Development Studies/Social Sciences or any related field
- At least 3 years of working experience in/with INGO. on Livelihoods/ FSL area. Experience managing enterprise and livelihood development activities as a+
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and a demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts
- Expertise in sustainable livelihoods, on-farm and off-farm livelihoods, in particular; data collection, analysis, and report writing including post-distribution monitoring (PDM)
- Excellent in written and spoken English;
- Ability to plan, organize work, communicate and reports effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines team player, effective communicator, successful negotiator, creative and analytical thinker, active learner, able to work in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent communication skills, calm, with a good sense of working in inter-cultural environment
- Proven commitment to accountability practices;
- Ability to function effectively under stressful conditions such as heavy workloads, and deadlines.
- Excellent Microsoft Office applications skills (Excel, Word, Power point, Emails, Skype, Web researchers);
- Knowledge of and adherence to COOPI Code of Conduct, understands other international development guidelines.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.