Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Programme Manager - Links Nigeria
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium is searching for a Programme Manager for an upcoming DFID proposal LINKS – Powering Economic Growth in Northern Nigeria. LINKS will support development of a vibrant and diversified economy in the key northern Nigerian states, with these collectively acting as a powerful engine of northern economic growth. Benefits will be both for the states themselves, while also creating real market opportunities for the wider north, counterbalancing the wealth and investment that is currently primarily found in Lagos and the South.
- The programme will focus on the development of high potential pro-poor value chains, selected during a detailed project preparation study, supporting them to become productive, competitive and attractive for investment at every level.
- Provide leadership, management, and direct supervision for the project’s finance/accounting staff.
- Oversees the implementation of systems and processes required to support project implementation, ensuring compliance DFID contracts, rules and regulations.
- Ensures the accurate tracking and recording of project expenditures and financial reports
- Guides and assists accountants and other program staff in preparing, revising and monitoring budgets for ongoing activities
- Manages the financial operations and financial reporting of the project, providing guidance and technical assistance to financial management personnel.
- Manages project advances to staff and maintaining a strong internal control environment to safeguard assets
- Ensures integrity of accounting information by reviewing account balances for compliance and establishing quality control over accounting transactions and financial reporting.
- Oversees maintenance of supporting documentation for a reliable and easy to follow audit trail.
- Develops and implements accounting and reporting systems for project expenditures, and provide guidance and training to project staff and partners on financial procedures
- Manages the timely submission of the monthly field expenses to the headquarters office.
- Supervises accounting staff in effective performance within agreed standards of conduct and reporting
- 10 years’ experience of programme, financial and operational management, of which 3 years on DFID programmes.
- Significant line management experience, and programme managementexperience for large teams.
- Experience in procurement also desirable
- Experience within complex programmes of over £30 million contact value.
- Significant Africa experience with a strong preference for Nigerian contextual experience
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium Group career website on palladiumhr.secure.force.com to apply