Driver at Development Exchange Centre (DEC)
Posted on: 9 October, 2018
Deadline: 19 October, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Development Exchange Centre (DEC)
Development Exchange Centre (DEC) is a Non-Government, Nonreligious and a Membership Organization that provides social and microfinance services to women groups, communities and NGO’s in Nigeria to enhance their Capacity for sustainable development.
DEC Is working with International Partners CBO’s and government agencies In the area of Microfinance, Health, Nutrition, Education, Governance and Peace building and Economic Empowerment.
- The driver will be responsible for driving project personnel, official guests and goods within and outside the project areas.
- The driver will also be responsible for ensuring effective maintenance of project vehicle in accordance with DEC’s organizational policies and procedures.
- Drive the project team to locations or sites where project activities take place;
- Ensure that all project vehicles are driven with care, caution and safety;
- Inform the project management when project vehicles are due for service or need major maintenance or repairs;
- Ensures that all vehicle documents are up to date as required by the law.
- Report in writing any damage or fault for vehicle repairs/maintenance
- Ensure that vehicles are cleaned both inside out on a regular basis
- Liaise prompt maintenance request
- Investigate and purchase vehicle material
- Run official errands with the organizational vehicle
- Ensure vehicles are parked in a secure place within office premises and when out for official assignment.
- Any other task as may be assigned.
Requirements, Skills, and Competencies
- Minimum of primary school Certificate;
- Possession of valid driver's license;
- Possession of Trade Test certificate
- At least 3 years of driving experience (with a reputable organization will be an added advantage)
- Ability to identify and repair/or fix minor faults in vehicles
- Good interpersonal communication, teamwork, and partnering skills.
- Understands the community/LGA geographic terrain and environment
- Respected and known by local people and leaders and known to be conscientious, of high integrity and diplomacy.
- Excellent mobilisation skill.
- Analytical, innovative and problem solving.
- Self motivated and adaptable to different contexts.
- Awareness of gender equality and justice.
- Ability to work in divers community
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter on the position applied to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indigenes of the aforementioned LGAs are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants (Women and Men) applications will be treated with equal opportunity.
- Ability to ride motorcycle is an added advantage.
- Recent Jobs from Development Exchange Centre (DEC)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Local Government Area Supervisor at Development Exchange Centre (DEC)
- Finance Officer at Development Exchange Centre (DEC)
- Field Officer at Development Exchange Centre (DEC)
- Know More About Development Exchange Centre (DEC)Similar Jobs
- Project Driver at Methodist Church Nigeria
- Executive Driver at Fosad Consulting
- Driver at Pete Ground Services Limited
- Driver at Class Hospitality Limited
- Driver/Logistics Assistant at CBM International
- Driver at Medecins Du Monde
- Corporate Driver at Lekki TV
- Driver at Landover Company Limited