Program Officer at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
Posted on: 9 October, 2018
Deadline: 15 October, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client is recognized as a pioneer of democracy, policy advocacy, education, human rights, women empowerment, disaster relief and betterment of lives of Africans. Due to internal expansion, they have decided to hire a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
- The Program Officers to oversee program development, seek grants and proposals, manage projects and oversee budgets. They generally ensure that an organization’s activities and programs align with the goals and mission statements of that foundation or nonprofit.
- Provide conceptual and strategic leadership to issues of interest to the Foundation.
- Conceptualize, write, present and draft proposals on selected program and issues;
- Design and convene seminars, workshops and conferences based on agreed outlook and scope.
- Manage and Organize the company’s training programs
- Identify and maintain ongoing relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and represent the Foundation at meetings.
- Contribute to the Foundation’s over all vision and mission to promote, advocate, and reduce poverty, disaster-risk reduction as well as the overall development and strengthening of the organization.
- Strategically think and plan for development of program direction and initiatives.
- Work with other departments to ensure synergy of policy and communication efforts.
- Serve as resource on policy formation for all staffs, partners and donors.
- Strategically think and plan for development of program direction and initiatives as assigned
- Involve in planning and execution of the projects and initiatives in collaboration with MMF Team
- Develop and maintain adequate resource files and database for assigned program area
- Carry out various research project for MMF as it is required
- Work with the other staff members to successfully carry out their function
- Develops in–depths knowledge of assigned areas including current issues and key resource people and organization and a clear understanding of how they fit into the foundation interest
- Develop proposals, formulate recommendations for funding and grants opportunities for assigned programs
- Develop full-scale projects plans and associated documents.
- Manage the computer for school (C4s) program and scholarship program.
- University Degree with Upper Credit in Social Science, and relevant combination of experience and training
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant working experience as Program Officer in an international organization.
- Experience in project planning, formulation, monitoring and assessment in an NGO setting; Firm understanding on current issues in women initiatives, leadership, governance, humanitarian response, policy advocacy etc;
- Demonstrated multi-tasking qualities
- Sound knowledge of policies, practices and procedures applied in connection with emergency relief, rehabilitation and development issues; of capacity building tools and techniques; of peace building and conflict resolution:
- Good Facilitation, planning and Organization skills
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of results-oriented planning, budgeting and evaluation.
- Ability to present and communicate information clearly both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, showing tact in dealing with staffs at all levels; and ability to adapt and interact effectively in a multicultural team with respect and sensitivity for diversity
- Initiative and ability to work without supervision.
- Good Computer skills required for setting up a computer lab and training participant adequately on basic computer skills
- Fluent in written and oral English
- Writing skills must be excellent
- Proficient in the use and training of Microsoft suite, knowledge of computer engineering will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Applicants should should kindly send their updated CV's to: email@example.com with the title of the role as the subject of the mail. The body of the mail should outline total years of relevant experience to the role, Location and Age.
- Please read role necessities very carefully and apply if qualified.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- If after 2 weeks of application you do not hear from us, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Know More About Hamilton Lloyd and AssociatesSimilar Jobs
- Partnerships Specialist at UNOPS
- Primary Health Care Systems (PHCS) Advisor at fhi 360
- Team Leader at fhi 360
- Compliance Manager at fhi 360
- Deputy Team Lead, Strategic Management at fhi 360
- State Partnerships Director at fhi 360
- Primary Health Care Quality (PHCQ) Advisor at fhi 360
- Healthy Time and Spacing of Pregnancy (HTSP) Advisor at fhi 360