Project Manager Network Security - ArcSight at GVA Partners
Posted on: 8 October, 2018
Deadline: 15 October, 2018
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at GVA Partners
Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners - Our client, a Telecoms Company, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Project Manager Network Security - ArcSight
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 4-5 Months
- Project Manager, Network Security is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of effective systems security solutions.
- ArcSight helps customers comply with corporate and regulatory policy, safeguard their assets and processes and control risk.
- The ArcSight platform collects and correlates user activity and event data across the enterprise so that businesses can rapidly identify, prioritize and respond to compliance violations, policy breaches, cyber-security attacks, and insider threats.
- This is a hands-on position that will require the candidate to work with data collected from various network devices in combination with the various ArcSight product lines in order to deliver content that will help address the needs of all of ArcSight's customers.
- The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of enterprise security coupled with hands-on networking and security skills.
- The successful candidate in collaboration with the Information Technology Services (ITS) Systems Support team, will also monitor, assess, and fine-tune the IT business continuity and disaster recovery program, perform network penetration tests, application vulnerability assessment scans and risk audit reviews.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proficient in the development of ArcSight Use Cases
- Expert Level implementation experience with ArcSight logger, ArcSight ESM, ArcSight Management Center (ArcMC) and ArcSight SmartConnectors
- Investigate and resolve identified systems security breaches, create comprehensive maintenance of information security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures and monitor for compliance in line with the organization’s IT security policy and applicable laws.
- Serve as subject matter expert in support of the HP ArcSight installation SIEM and log management solutions.
- Monitor and advice on information security issues related to the systems and workflow to ensure the internal security controls are appropriate and operating as intended.
- Conduct data classification assessment and security audits and manage remediation plans.
- Collaborate with IT management, the legal department, and other stakeholders to manage security vulnerabilities.
- Perform the deployment, integration and initial configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures generically and the enterprise’s security documents specifically.
- Create, manage and maintain user security awareness.
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
- Prepare IT security documentation, including information security policies, procedures, standards and guidelines based on compliance requirements and knowledge of best practices.
Strategy & Planning:
- Lead the planning and design activities for the enterprise security architecture, under the directives of the Head, Information Risk Management.
- Participate in the creation of enterprise security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures) in collaboration with other team heads in the Information Risk Management unit.
- Provide leadership and work guidance to members of the Information Security team.
- A Bachelor's degree in Science, Electronic Engineering or any related discipline.(B.Sc degree in Computer Science, Engineering discipline, Mathematics or Physics will be a distinct advantage)
- Possession of a professional IT certification (Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP)
- Possession of other Cybersecurity related certification is desirable.
- A minimum of 6 years post NYSC experience in IT/Network Security.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Extensive experience in enterprise security architecture design and enterprise security document creation.
- Understand content for ArcSight ESM, including correlation rules, dashboards, reports, visualizations, etc.
- Solid knowledge of information security principles and practices.
- Working experience with intrusion detection systems.
- Installation, configuration, monitoring and response to security system.
- Understanding of advanced security protocols and standards
- Experience with IP networking, networking protocols, IPSec, VPN's, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, email, access lists.
- Experience with internet, web, application and network security techniques.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into IT security issues and products as required.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their updated CV's in MS Word format and Cover Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference email@example.com with "the job title" as the subject of the e-mail.
- Recent Jobs from GVA Partners
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Director of Technology and Business Development at GVA Partners
- Application Developer at GVA Partners
- Know More About GVA PartnersSimilar Jobs
- .Net Developer (Intern) at Ecscorp Resources
- Full-Stack Developer Intern at ConnectRail Service Limited
- FT Innovation Specialist NOC at UNICEF
- Graphics Director / Artist at ibakatv
- Senior Backend Developer - Jumia at Jumia Nigeria
- Graphics Designer at Doculand Business Solution
- Senior IT System Manager at Montaigne Place
- Software Support Trainee (NYSC) at Zanibal Solutions Nigeria Ltd