Staff Health Officer at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
Posted on: 13 September, 2018
Deadline: 18 September, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Staff Health Officer
- Reviews medical invoices for anonymization and approval of medical expenses.
- Reports to staff health delegate and provides feedback and recommendations on issues related to the staff's health.
- Collects accurate and reliable data on illnesses, accidents and absenteeism, with a view to providing statistics on illnesses and the medical risks taken by all staff.
- Provides advice and support to ICRC staff with health problems.
- Provides advice on the medical needs of ICRC staff during transportation and coordinates medical evacuations from the field to the capital with the staff health delegate.
- Implements and supervises staff health policies and the ICRC HIV/AIDS programme (where applicable) at all sites under responsibility (delegation/sub-delegations).
- Monitoring drugs dispensing to the sites & handle the staff health medical supplies in delegation and sub delegations ( First aid and VTT kits)
- Carries out health briefings for all new ICRC residents’ staff.
- Assesses and supervises living conditions in the delegation and all sub-sites, promotes general hygiene standards (e.g. housing, use of mosquito nets, water filters, hygiene standards of cooks and cleaners, nutritional advice).
- Carries out defusing and creates peer support groups following critical incidents in the field; follows up if further intervention is required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent higher education degree in Health (Pharmacist /Assistant, Nurses)
- Post Graduate Degree public health is an asset.
- 2-3 years of experience in HIV/AIDS programme (during or after education period)
- Expert level in computer skills
- Excellent English language skills
- Knowledge of Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo and Pidgin are an asset
- Three years' public health experience.
- Experience in medical supply management.
- Knowledge on HIV/AIDS program.
- Knowledge of tropical health and public health.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Clearly indicate “the job title and location" as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated).
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Please note that ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
- Recent Jobs from ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- HR Officer 1 (Recruiter) at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Know More About ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Primary Health Care Quality (PHCQ) Advisor at fhi 360
- Healthy Time and Spacing of Pregnancy (HTSP) Advisor at fhi 360
- National Programme Manager at fhi 360
- Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Director at fhi 360
- GBV Officer/Nurse at Plan International
- Child Protection Officer/Clinical Psychologist at Plan International
- Health Programme Intern at Plan International
- Director - Prevention, Care & Treatment at fhi 360