Financial Secretary/Accountant at Rhogic
Posted on: 11 September, 2018
Deadline: 19 September, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Rhogic
RHOGIC is a non-profit reputable religious organization (church) located in Abuja. We are seeking applications from experienced candidates to fill the position of:
Job Description/Position Summary
- We are seeking applications from qualified accounting professional for the position of Financial Secretary/Accountant to perform the regular accounting duties and implement all financial policies to support our growth and establish our financial systems and processes.
- The Financial Secretary/Accountant is responsible for monthly check preparation, general ledger management, bank account reconciliation, financial reporting, budgeting, cash receipts processing, accounts receivable and accounts payable tracking, and monthly accounting cycle closing.
Primary Responsibilities and Deliverables
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Receiving, supervising counting, and depositing all church offerings on Sunday and during week according to church policy
- Posting receipts and disbursements of all accounts according to financial system (QuickBooks).
- Preparing bank reconciliation statements monthly.
- Directly responsible for payroll, billing, receivables, payables, cash receipts, cash disbursements, and general ledger functions. Reconcile bank accounts and prepare related journal entries.
- Monitor and follow-up on accounts receivable and accounts payables that have been outstanding for unusually long periods of time.
- Produce monthly and annual financial statements and reports including balance sheet, profit/loss statements, and accumulative general ledger using QuickBooks.
- Prepare monthly closing general ledger entries and monitor cash flow.
- Manage the budgeting, fiscal planning and accounting systems of the Church. Work with the ministerial staff and appropriate church committees in planning, implementing and monitoring the annual/monthly/weekly church budget.
- Organize the preparation of all tax filings for the church and staff and make sure all FIRS and governmental obligations are met.
- Oversee all payroll requirements for salaried and hourly employees including benefits such as pension plans and health insurance
- Oversee, in conjunction with independent auditor, preparation of annual audit.
- Oversee the preparation of checks twice monthly to be signed by the designated Church representatives
- Approve and process requisitions and purchase orders
- Create and maintain capital expenditure documentation including fixed assets and oversee periodic asset inventory
- Maintaining at all times a high priority to hold individual, material, correspondence, and related church business and information as confidential
- Receiving bills and check requests, matching with approved purchase order, obtaining proper authorization, and paying bills as directed
- Checking and totaling all invoices when approved; informing responsible persons of their budget expenditures. Filing invoices with purchase orders
- Receiving and answering queries concerning financial matters; maintaining file of invoices, correspondence, and reports
- Keeping ample supply of financial forms (checks, deposit slips, requisitions, offering count sheets, etc.) on hand and order as needed
- Preparing/reviewing the budget for the church office
- Maintaining the financial books for any and all newly planted outreach churches that are still under the watch care of the church.
- Negotiating maintenance contracts and insurance for vehicles and office equipment.
- Filling in for the Operations & Administrative director in his/her absence.
- Proofing and editing various documents. Performing related office duties as assigned.
- Serve as a resource person in legal and business matters. Provide financial advisory services.
In addition to the above responsibilities:
- S/he must work to maintain a lifestyle of personal commitment, integrity and growth that is consistent with the Gospel.
- S/he should prioritize his/her role in his/her own family in obedience to Scripture and as an example to the body.
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Minimum of five (5) years professional/relevant accounting experience (including at least two years of supervisory experience) working in complex and challenging field;
- Previous experience in church and fund accounting is desired;
- Bachelor's degree or professional accounting/financial qualification is required;
- Minimum two years’ financial administration experience essential;
- Competent in computers and using financial software (QuickBooks) and Microsoft office tools especially MS Excel essential;
- Understanding of budget and cost control management essential;
- Excellent written and spoken English essential;
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks;
- Experience managing teams, ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team;
- Solid understanding of creating financial statements, general ledger coding (double entry), journal entries and bank reconciliations.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, attention to detail, and a willingness to further develop skills as opportunities arise;
- Confidentiality and personal discretion concerning information related to the Church and its members.
- The Financial Secretary/Accountant will be a full time paid position of up to 40 hours per week within regular office hours Monday through Friday.
- However, it is recognized that this is a dedicated service and it may be necessary to spend time in attendance at various meetings outside of normal hours.
- The accountant will also be required to be an active member/attend all church services. Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit the following below documents to: email@example.com Please reference the Job Title and Location on the Subject Line, your Cover Letter and Resume/CV.
- A current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities; AND
- A Cover Letter.
- Recent Jobs from Rhogic
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Web/Graphics Designer at Rhogic
- Know More About RhogicSimilar Jobs
- Finance & Investment Partnership Manager-Re-advertised at Creative Associates International
- Internal Auditor/Control at Jemi Neil Consulting
- Accountant at Morris Royal Limited
- Analyst, Revenue Reports at MTN Nigeria
- Program Account Officer at Sahel Capital
- Account/Admin Officer at Westfield Consulting
- Finance Manager at Tyonex Nigeria Limited
- Finance Manager at School Kits Limited