Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships for international students welcome, support and recognise the very best international students enrolling in an undergraduate degree in Health Sciences at the University of Otago. The scholarships recognise academic excellence, diversity, and leadership potential in supporting high-achieving students in their studies. The scholarships are also designed to support those students best placed to make a positive impact on society in their future careers.
Scholarship applicants must be:
- International students who are not New Zealand citizens or permanent residents; and
- Who have completed:
- Their final year of secondary school overseas or in New Zealand achieving a University Entrance qualification equivalent to NZQA Level 3, or
- A recognised overseas pre-matriculation course equivalent to NZQA Level 4; or
- The University of Otago’s Foundation Year; and
- Have gained entrance to the University of Otago and are intending to enrol for full-time study in an undergraduate degree programme.
There is no formal application process. Students will be assessed for a scholarship on application for their programme:
- Open-entry: recipients will be advised of their scholarship in the Offer of Place
- Restricted entry (BDentTech and BOH) recipients will be notified after programme applications have closed in September
Selection of scholarship recipients is at the discretion of the University of Otago.
In addition, the following applies to these scholarships:
- This scholarship may be held concurrently with another University of Otago Entrance Scholarship where the regulations specifically permit concurrent tenure, or the Offer Letter specifically permits concurrent tenure. Any variation of concurrent tenure will be at the discretion and with the written permission of the University of Otago.
- No concurrent tenure is normally permitted with the University of Otago New Frontiers Entrance Scholarship.
- This scholarship is redeemable only as a tuition fee rebate.
- Deferral of the scholarship is not normally possible. However, there may be exceptions related to COVID-19.
||International undergraduate Health Sciences students at the University of Otago
||NZ$5,000 for tuition fees
|For how long
|For study beginning in
Semester 1 (February) 2021 or semester 2 (July) 2021
Note: not all programmes offer a semester 2 intake
||Opening date: 1 May 2020 for semester 1 and 2
Closing date: 31 October 2020 for semester 1, and 30 April 2021 for semester 2
Terms and Conditions
Apply for the Scholarship on the Universitys Website Here https://www.otago.ac.nz/study/scholarships/database/otago737041.html
Check all latest Scholarships