This scholarship is Available to students undertaking graduate research in the field of human rights.
Last day for applications
31 Oct 2020
Australian / domestic student
up to $94,200
Applicable study areas
All study areas
Number of scholarships awarded
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a Master or Doctorate by research degree at the University of Melbourne
- intend to undertake graduate research in the field of Human Rights
- be committed to the peaceful advancement of respect for human rights that extends beyond academic studies (such as voluntary work and/or work experience);
- have not already completed a research qualification at the same or higher level as the course for which a scholarship is sought
- intend to study as a full-time student unless there are compassionate or compelling circumstances that prevent you from undertaking full-time study
- not have previously received a Human Rights Scholarship
Eligible applicants are selected on the basis of academic merit, the area of study in and level of commitment to human rights, and the strength of supporting documentation.
What are the benefits?
- Living allowance of $36,200 per year pro rata (2020 full-time study rate) for up to 2 years for students undertaking a Master by research degree or up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a Doctoral degree. The living allowance may be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave.
- Relocation grant of $2,000 for students moving from States or Territories outside Victoria or $3,000 for students moving from outside Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students who require a student visa to study in Australia
Read More About this Scholarship Here
Start Your Application Here
Check all latest Scholarships