CALL OPENS: 26th June, 2020
CALL DEADLINE: 28th September 2020
FELLOWSHIP DURATION: 6-12 Months
FUNDED BY: Rothamsted International
The Rothamsted International Fellowship aims to promote the exchange of vital agricultural research skills between Rothamsted Research and scientist from Low- to Middle- income countries.
The Fellowship will support overseas scientists to train at either of Rothamsted Research’s main sites for 6-12 months on a research project they co-develop with a senior scientist at Rothamsted who will supervise the project.
The Fellowship will provide the successful candidate with:
- Supervision and training at Rothamsted Research
- Funds for Research costs related to their project
- Access to world-class research facilities and scientific support
- Funds for accommodation and subsistence
- Funds for travel between the home country and the UK
The Candidate must meet the following criteria:
- The Candidate must be of doctoral status, with at least two years’ post-doctoral experience. Candidates without Higher Degrees must have equivalent research experience to be considered eligible for the scheme
- Applications will not be considered where the main objective of the visit is research leading to a higher degree for the Candidate
- The Candidate must be a citizen, or be based exclusively in a low- to middle- income country. Please note that this will be defined as the countries listed on the DAC list of ODA recipients
- Candidates who have extensive and/or continuous employment in a high-income country are not eligible for RI Fellowships
- It is essential that the Candidate returns to employment in their home country where the experience gained through the RI Fellowship can be applied
- Applications are submitted by the UK supervisor, but must be of relevance to research in the candidate’s home country. It is therefore essential that the candidate makes contact with the UK supervisor and helps to co-develop the research proposal. Proposals with minimal contributions from the candidate, or supervisor, are unlikely to succeed
- In addition to the support of the UK supervisor, applications must also have the approval from the Head of Department where the fellowship will be hosted
How To Apply
- Candidate has a research idea in mind with direct relevance to development issues in the Fellow's home country.
- Candidate checks to see that their proposal falls within the agricultural, biological, environmental, mathematical or computational sciences, and is aligned to the Rothamsted Science Strategy.
- Candidates must then identify a potential Supervisor at Rothamsted Research and seek their agreement and input to co-develop a fellowship proposal. Note: Candidates may find the Supervisor, either through prior contact with that person, recommendations via colleagues, scientific literature searches or by selecting the relevant researcher from our departmental pages
- Once a Supervisor at Rothamsted has been identified and they are in agreement to co-develop a research projects with the candidate the Supervisor requests an application form and further guidance from Rothamsted International. Note: application forms cannot be downloaded from this website and must be submitted by the Supervisor.
- Supervisor and Candidate co-develop the fellowship proposal.
- Supervisor submits the Fellowship application in advance of the stated deadline.
- Applications are reviewed by a panel of experts.
- This is a competitive scheme and the Panel's decision will be communicated to the candidate and Supervisor - typically within two months of the application deadline.
- Successful candidate and their Supervisors agree a start date for the project.
View The Complete Details Here https://www.rothamsted.ac.uk/ri/ri-how-to-apply#HOWTOAPPLY-2
Check all latest Scholarships