As a longstanding partner of One Young World, DSM is proud to support the Brighter Living Scholarship. Our purpose is to create brighter lives for people today and generations to come. We connect our unique competencies in Life Sciences and Material Sciences to create solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance.
With the Brighter Living Scholarship DSM will offer two scholarships to young leaders around the world, who are working to further the transition from a linear to a circular and/or bio-based economy.
The scholarship focuses on DSM’s purpose-driven domain, Resources & Circularity. DSM’s ambition is to safeguard the future availability of natural resources, and to unlock more value from the limited resources that are available. In order to reach this two-fold goal, DSM focuses on five circularity drivers to design and manufacture its solutions:
- Reduce the use of critical resources
- Replace scarce, hazardous and potentially harmful resources with renewable and safer alternatives
- Extend the lifetime of products
- Design for recyclability
- Recover waste streams
Scholars will receive
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 and 26 (inclusive) April, 2021
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Participation in DSM’s internal on-boarding workshops pre-One Young World workshops (with DSM delegation)
To be eligible to receive for this scholarship you must be:
- Aged 18 – 30.
- Nationals any country may apply for this scholarship.
- 3-5 years experience in a business, and preferably running their own business.
One Young World will assess candidates based on their:
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues.
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative solutions
- One Young World will actively seek and prioritize applicants making a positive impact on accelerating the transition towards a circular and/or bio-based economy in one (or more) of the following ways:
- Materials innovation & design: redesigning, or designing new materials by addressing any one (or more) of DSM’s five circularity drivers as outlined above - Reduce, Replace, Extend, Design, Recove
- Entrepreneurship: contributing to circularity by implementing new business models in the following markets: Buildings (including interior) & construction, Textiles, Heavy Marine & Fishing industry, Electronics, Automotive, Food packaging, 3D printing.
- Advocacy and shaping opinions: raising awareness and having a leading voice in the transition towards a circular & bio-based economy
- Clean up initiatives: driving clean up initiatives on waste, by not only cleaning up but also by viewing waste as a resource
- Digitalization: using new technologies to support radical transparency, and to keep materials at their highest utility and value
Application Deadline: 18:00 (BST), 29 June 2020
See the Complete Details on One Young Worlds Website Here https://www.oneyoungworld.com/brighter-living-scholarship-supported-dsm
Apply Via https://www.oneyoungworld.com/bighter_living_scholarship_application_2021
Check all latest Scholarships
Want to get a job fast?
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime