The main objective of the Short Film contest is to promote the biological natural heritage, namely the natural regions, the ecosystems, the habitats and the species of wild fauna and flora, through the selection and classification of cinematographic works related to this subject. It also aims to promote cinematography of nature and promote its growth and development, as well as launching the debate and reflection of society on the need to knowing, promoting and conserving the biodiversity and the environment.
Participation in the Short Film Contest is open to all.
- The Jury of this contest is composed of people of recognized merit in the subjects of the Festival and is composed by a minimum number of 5 (five) elements.
- It is the competence of the Jury to choose the winning cinematographic work, selected among the works presented for the evaluation.
- The Jury can decide on the attribution of honourable mention.
Admission of cinematographic works to the contest
1 – The following works will be accepted:
- Cinematographic works like: animations, documentaries, fiction, experimental films and music videos in digital format;
- Cinematographic works of national and international origin;
- With a duration of between 5 and 28 minutes;
- Works that obey the subject and the objectives defined in the number 1 of the article 1 of this regulation.
2 – The cinematographic works to be submitted to the contest can be narrated in any language, but it is mandatory to include subtitling in the English language, except for the
works narrated in the Portuguese language.
Registration and submission of Cinematographic Works
- Participation in the Short Film Contest is free of charge.
- To participate in the Short Film Contest, an electronic registration must be done on the form available on the official website of the Festival (www.fiin.pt), as well as the
- inclusion of all elements and files requested on this platform.
- Failure to complete the registration form mentioned in the previous point is a reason for exclusion from the Contest.
- The cinematographic works are submitted through the external platforms Festhome, Click For Festivals, Movibeta, FilmFreeway and FilmFestivalLife or through platforms with Vimeo and Youtube viewing link.
- The submission of the cinematographic works referred to in point 4 of this article presupposes that the necessary authorizations and accesses are indispensable for the
- visualization of the work (hyperlink and password).
- Competitors must provide the necessary authorization for the downloading of archives of the cinematographic works in contest.
- It is the responsibility of the competitor all the costs associated with the participation and submission of works in this contest.
- The competitors undertake to assign to the organizers the right to exhibit, publish or reproduce part or all of the works, always safeguarding the indication of the author,
- according to article 40 of the CDADC – Code of Copyright and Rights Related.
- The deadline for competitors to submit the cinematographic works to the contest runs from April 6, 2018 to July 6, 2020.
- The Organizing Committee will inform the producers of the selected films for the contest until September 30, 2020, through the submission platforms.
- The lack of notification of selection by the Organizing Committee until the date
- mentioned in the previous point, determines that the respective film was not selected for the Contest.
- Until November 2, 2020, the Organizing Committee of the Contest will communicate through the official website of FIIN (www.fiin.pt), the list of films that will take part of the
- program of exhibition at the Festival of Short Films that will be held between 16 and 22 of November, 2020.
- The public announcement of the winner of the Short Film Contest will take place at the Final Gala of the International Festival of Nature Image (FIIN), on November 22, 2020.
A prize of € 4,000.00 (four thousand euros) will be awarded to the Short Film best classified by the Jury of the Contest.
The competitor (and/or the holder of the display rights of the film at festivals) undertakes to mention FIIN and to use its logo in all publicity and press/promotional
material produced after the awarded to the movie.
- Participation in the Short Film Contest translates into full acceptance of the terms of this regulation.
- The Organizing Committee reserves himself the right to consider and decide on any matter not covered by this regulation.
- The decisions of the Organizing Committee and of the Jury are final and irrevocable, and no appeal can be made.
- It is forbidden to participate in the contest all members of the Organizing Entities, as well as of the members that are part of the Jury of the Competition
FIND MORE DETAILS HERE
Check all latest Scholarships
Want to get a job fast?
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime