Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) Scholarship Program 2019/2020
The Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership (GSEP) - A non-profit, CEO-led organization of leading electricity companies driving sustainable energy development worldwide through capacity-building activities and small-scale renewable energy projects.
Applications are invited for:
Title: 2019/2020 Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) Scholarship Program
- The Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership (GSEP) has had a long-standing commitment to education. In 2001, the Partnership reinforced this commitment by establishing the Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) scholarship program to support students from developing countries and economies in transition. The ESED program offers master’s level scholarships to outstanding students for a period of up to two years. In addition to the master’s scholarships offered, the ESED program also supports a web-based network of scholars designed to encourage the sharing of information and knowledge among scholars and alumni.
- The purpose of the ESED scholarship is to support outstanding students pursuing advanced studies in sustainable energy development and to encourage meaningful contributions to the collective body of knowledge about this subject.
- The scholars are exceptional students from developing countries studying in sustainable energy development. Today, the need for globally-oriented practitioners and researchers is growing rapidly. Our one-of-a-kind scholarship program fosters the next generation of energy, climate, and electricity sector specialists who will be prepared to tackle the challenges of the future.
The Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership considers an outstanding student to be one who:
- Graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of her/his class
- Is determined to advance her/his knowledge and understanding
- Has a history of community involvement
- Is committed to sustainable energy
- Is committed to return and contribute to her/his home country
To be eligible for this scholarship, prospective applicants must:
- Undertake master’s-level studies in sustainable energy development. Eligible applicants must be pursuing full-time studies for at least one full school year (two or three semesters), beginning in autumn 2019. Students in the second year of a two-year program are eligible to apply, provided that they meet this requirement.
- Be a citizen of a developing country/territory on the List of official development aid recipients identified by the Development Co-operation Directorate (DAC) of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Be committed to returning to their home country/territory after their studies to contribute to its development
- Be an outstanding student:
- Graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of their class
- Is committed to sustainable energy development
- Has a history of community involvement
- Is determined to advance their knowledge and understanding
What are the required documents?
You must provide an electronic copy of all the documents listed below:
- Passport (photo page only) or birth certificate
- Curriculum vitae detailing your education, work experience (if applicable), awards, and participation in volunteer and/or extracurricular activities
- Admission letter from your university program of choice
- Upload a copy of your official letter of admission from the university
- If you have not yet received a letter of admission, you can upload an acknowledgement of receipt from your university showing that you have applied for admission
- If you receive your official admission letter after the scholarship application deadline, it is your responsibility to forward it via email to: email@example.com by no later than April 19, 2019. If we do not receive your official admission letter by this date, your application will not be considered
- If this application is for the second year of a two-year program, please include proof of enrollment
- Program outline:
- Upload an outline of the curriculum or the courses you will be taking for your master’s program
- University transcript(s):
- Upload a copy of your complete university transcript(s)
- If the language of your original transcript(s) is not English, we require a certified translation of the document which includes the name of the translator as well as a copy of the original (untranslated) transcript
- If this application is for the second year of a two-year master’s program, please include your transcript for your first year
- Academic Reference Form:
- You need to provide a completed copy of the Academic Reference Form. The form must be completed in English.
- The form must be completed by a faculty member or professor at your current or previous university who knows your academic abilities
- Should the referee wish to send the Academic Reference Form directly to the Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership, they can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 8, 2019. If received, it will be indicated in the online application system after you submit your application.
- Academic or personal reference letter:
- You need to provide one reference letter from either an academic or personal referee
- The reference needs to be in letterform (with an official letterhead of the referee’s organization, if possible), written in English, and must be dated and signed by the referee
- An academic referee must be a faculty member or professor at your current or previous university who knows your academic abilities. They cannot be the same person as the individual who completes your Academic Reference Form.
- A personal referee should be a person (e.g. employer, supervisor, mentor, coach) who can discuss other personal qualities or interests that make you specially qualified to receive the scholarship. This referee cannot be a family member
- Please make sure that the referee includes your full name in their letter
- Should the referee wish to send their letter directly to the Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership, they can send email it to email@example.com by March 8, 2019. If received, it will be indicated in the online application system after you submit your application.
(23:59, UTC-05:00); 8th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click Here For More Information