Federal Ministry of Education (Federal Scholarship Borad) - The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu, hereby invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2019/2020 Nomination computer Based Test (CBT) for the Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards
Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award 2019/2020
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, Macedonia; and
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea.
All qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website www.education.gov.ng and click on "Read More" on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page:
- Read Guidelines and then Complete the "Application Form" online
- Print the completed "Application Form"
- Submit two sets of the Printed Application Forms at the venue of the interview as scheduled below.
Fields of Study
- Undergraduate level - Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc; and
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
Criteria for Eligibility
A.) Undergraduate Scholarships:
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2017& 2018)for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2018) only. Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
B.) Postgraduate Scholarships:
- All applicants for Undergraduate degree courses must hold a First Class (1st Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D. and only:
- N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted;
- Evidence of readiness to be released by employer.
Note (For all Applicants):
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign Languare course of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction;
- Japan applicants must have very strong background in further mathematics;
- The required certificates for candidates applying for Iman Preachers and Quaranic Professor for Islamic Religious studies in Algeria is WAEC as in other scholarship awards;
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference; and
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarships must visit the website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu
- Complete the application form online
- Print the completed form and bring to the interview venue.
Venue of Interview
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for accredidation a day to the date scheduled for examination. Two sets of completed application forms should be submitted at the various JAMB CBT centres with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- Only one certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June for
- Undergraduate applicants;
- Two copies of Birth Certificate from National Population Commission;
- State of origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) coloured passport sized photographs on white background; and
- Postgraduate applications will be required to submit Academic transcripts and NYSC discharge or Excemption certificates only.
NB: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of current International passport; and
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals.
- Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
15th January, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application forms are completed online as follows:
- Complete form online
- Submit and Print a copy
- Attach Photocopy of the following documents to the Printed Copy:
- Letter of Admission to the Institution
- Current Course Registration Form
- CGPA results of year 1, 2, 3, etc.
- Current School’s Identity Card
- Letter of Identification from your State/Local Government
- Two (2) passport size photographs with your name written at the back and duly signed by you.
- Printed Copy should be endorsed (signed and stamped) by your HOD or Dean of Faculty of your institution.
- Submit one set of the printed and endorsed forms at the venue of the interviews as scheduled below:
2019/2020 FSB Computer Based Test Venues and Dates From 15th to 19th January 2019
Zone: North - West
- State: Kaduna - Kano
- Venue: Kaduna - Kano
Zone: North- East
- State: Adamawa - Taraba
- Venue: Yola - Jalingo
- State: FCT - Kwara
- Venue: Bwari - Ilorin
Zone: South- West
- State: Oyo - Ondo
- Venue: Ibadan - Akure
Zone: South- South
- State: Delta - River
- Venue: Asaba-P/Harcourt
Zone: South- East
- State: Abia - Imo
- Venue: Umuahia - Owerri
Time: 9.00 A.M Daily
During the application candidates are expected to indicate the following:
- Centre of choice for the Computer Based Test (CBT); and
- Choice of programme preferred (i.e. Bilateral Education Agreement)
- Warning: Double Entries will be disqualified
Official Phone Numbers:
- Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA): 08077884417/09094268637
- email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
For further Technical/Apps inquires please call: 08055581004
Note: This particular application does not attract any processing fee. Therefore, beware of fraudsters!