Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Overseas M.Sc Scholarship Scheme 2019/2020
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for:
Title: 2019/2020 Overseas MSc Scholarship Scheme Under PTDF Strategic Partnerships UK, Germany and France
- Applications are invited for Overseas MSc Scholarships to institutions under its UK, Germany and France strategic partnership initiative. Successful candidates will be awarded scholarships to study in these countries commencing in the 2019/2020 academic session.
- Under this scheme, candidates are invited to apply through PTDF to specific programmes at the partner institutions in any of the countries (full list of sponsored courses is available below).
- The award includes the provision of flight tickets, payment of health insurance, payment of tuition and bench fees (where applicable) as well as the provision of allowances to meet the costs of accommodation and living expenses.
- The programmes will also include language classes to aid scholars settle into their new environments.
Selection Process, Criteria & Requirements
PTDF scholarships are highly competitive and only candidates who are outstanding across the board are selected. A selection committee will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria:
- Academic merit as evidenced by quality of degrees, full academic transcripts, other professional qualifications acquired, and relevant publications (where available) to be referenced by applicants
- Awards for leadership and/or academic excellence (where available).
- Membership of professional bodies
- The viability of the study/research plan.
- Applicants are required to make a case for their scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) stating the reason(s) they want to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the oil & gas industry and its expected impact on national development.
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) qualification in their first degree or a Second Class Lower (2.2) with relevant industry experience
- Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
- Must be computer literate
- Possession of 5 O/level credits including English Language.
Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach to their online application forms:
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
- NYSC discharge certificate
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results as well as the PIN numbers on the application forms to enable PTDF view the O’level results on the relevant website).
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Evidence of membership of professional associations
31st December, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
List of Approved Courses for Scholarship
Candidates may select up to 3 different courses (1st,2nd and 3rd choice) in any University within a particular country.
- Candidates who have benefitted from any of the PTDF scholarships in the past cannot apply for the same type of programme, except a higher programme;
- Candidates who successfully scale through the first round of screening will be requested to submit their transcripts; all applicants are therefore advised to prepare their transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request.