The Nigerian Stock Exchange is pleased to announce the commencement of the 11th edition of the Annual National Essay Competition for secondary and tertiary institutions in Nigeria. The competition’s overall goal is to develop a culture of wealth creation amongst our youth – ‘Catching Them Young’.
This landmark initiative continues to be guided by the following key objectives:
- Expose the young ones to the operations of the stock market;
- Develop a culture of medium and long-term investment habit among the youth;
- Expose the students to career choices in the securities market and related professions;
- Fill some gaps between school curriculum and practical approach to investing in the stock market.
ENTRY PROCEDURES AND RULES:
- Only one entry per person is allowed
- All entries must be accompanied with the competitor’s entry form
- The Essay competition is open for two categories; students in senior secondary school and tertiary institutions in Nigeria
- Entries must be typewritten in English and not more than 2,000 words
- Essays must be original and unpublished
- All entries must be submitted via email
- All entries become the property of The Nigerian Stock Exchange and will not be returned.
- The decision of The Nigerian Stock Exchange panel of judges is final
- All national winners are entitled to a certificate and plaque
- 1st Prize winners’ institutions shall receive a trophy each
- 34 state winners including FCT shall receive consolation prizes
- Names of winners and runners-up will be published in select Newspapers
- Equivalent cash prizes will be given out in form of shares of quoted companies
THE NSE ESSAY COMPETITION TOPICS:
- Secondary Schools: What are the Benefits of Good Corporate Governance?
- Tertiary Institutions: Corporate Governance and Nigerian Capital Market Development. Discuss.
PRIZES TO BE WON:
Secondary Schools (national winners):
- 1st Prize: N200,000.00 (Two hundred thousand naira only)
- 2nd Prize: N150,000.00 (One hundred and fifty thousand naira only)
- 3rd Prize: N75,000.00 (Seventy five thousand naira only)
- Consolation Prizes: N15,000.00 (Fifteen thousand naira) each for 34 Runners-up
Tertiary Institutions (national winners):
Download: entry forms – for secondary schools, for tertiary institutions
- 1st Prize: N300,000.00 (Three hundred thousand naira only)
- 2nd Prize: N200,000.00 (Two hundred thousand naira only)
- 3rd Prize: N100,000.00 (One hundred thousand naira only)
- Consolation Prizes: N20,000.00 (Twenty thousand naira) each for 34 Runners-up
Deadline: 2 November, 2012
For queries and submission: [email protected]
For more opportunities, follow myjobmag.com on Twitter for timely tweets, join us on Facebook for better conversation and subscribe to our email-list for weekly updates.
Any comments? Kindly use the comment box below.
Check all latest Scholarships
Want to get a job fast?
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime