African Liberty Organization for Development (ALOD), a not-for-profit organization, is inviting entries from suitably qualified candidates for the 2017 Adam Smith Essay Contest.
Adam Smith 2017 Essay Contest
- The contest is being held in honour of Adam Smith, the late English economist and foremost free market advocate.
- The essay is organised with the objective to give young people opportunity to study the position of Adam Smith on the market process and dynamics
- Drawing from Adam Smith's propositions, explain how free market promotes equal opportunities
- Participant must be a student in any tertiary institutions (University, Polytechnic, College of Education and Technical Schools) in Nigeria
- The format of the text should be in Microsoft Word document and not more than 500 words.
- No participant is allowed to lift materials directly from the works of any author and claim to be his/her own
- Plagiarism automatically disqualifies any entry which contains works of another author
- If any text or sentence is copied from another authors work, it must be shown in quotation marks and writer must credit the original author at the bottom of the paper
- On the first page of the completed essay, every participant must write his/her full names department, and year of study, name and country of institution gender and age
- Also include your e-mail address and functional mobile phone number
Top five entries will be awarded cash prizes and full scholarship to attend ALOD Summer Camp in Abuja in September:
- 1st - N30,000 and scholarship to two-day Liberty Camp in Abuja
- 2nd - N20,000 and scholarship to two-day Liberty Camp in Abuja
- 3rd - N10,000 and scholarship to two-day Liberty Camp in Abuja
- 4th to 10th - N5,000 each and scholarship to two-day Liberty Camp in Abuja
- All qualified entries will receive a compact disc on "Ideas for a Free Society".
31st July, 2017.
How to Apply
Applicants must their entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winners will be announced on August 11, 2017
- The essay contest is supported by Network for Free Society, Language of Liberty Institute, Kids4Biz, and Institute for Economic Affairs.
- For questions, email: email@example.com
Check all latest Scholarships