Nigerian Conservation Foundation Chief S.L Edu Research Grant
The Nigerian Conservation
Foundation with support from Chevron Nigeria Limited offers research
grants to Nigerian citizens wishing to undertake research work in fields
related to nature conservation and sustainable livelihood. The grant
shall be to support a PhD programme.
Candidates will be selected based on (among others) the quality of their research proposal.
- Candidates must be Nigerian citizens.
- Candidates must have M.Sc. Degree or equivalent qualification in
Biological Sciences, Social Sciences or Law (Environmental
Law/Protection) but related to environmental resources management.
- Candidates must have secured admission into a Nigerian university
towards a PhD degree in any of the fields stated in No. 2 above.
- Candidates must develop acceptable research proposals that meet NCF's vision and mission.
- Proposals must have correlation with local and national environmental conservation challenges and issues.
- A progress report (on letter head paper) from the applicant’s
Project Supervisor(s) stating how far he or she has gone in his or
her research work and his/her role in the initial review, as well as
the relevance to the objectives of the grant is a very essential
condition for considering any application. Please note that a reference letter is an equivalent of a Progress Report from the Supervisors(s).
- 200-word justification, with relevance to natural and environmental resource management and biodiversity conservation.
- A 3,000-word project proposal to be submitted should reflect the
Title, Introduction/Statement of Problem, Objectives, Methodology and
Expected Output etc.
- Curriculum vitae (not more than 2 pages detailing research and work experience).
- Scanned copy of admission letter.
No paper application will be considered. Applicants should not submit more than one proposal for consideration.
Please be informed
that all applications will be acknowledged while only successful
candidates will be contacted by the Foundation.
Deadline for application: 9th December, 2016.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY