September 26, 2016
UBA Foundation Annual National Essay Competition 2016
UBA Foundation, the corporate social responsibility arm of United Bank
for Africa, is calling on all senior secondary school students in
Nigeria to participate in the 2016 edition of the National Essay
Competition. Organized since 2011, the competition provides a
competitive platform to develop the intellectual and writing abilities
of senior secondary school students.
The students stand the chance of winning educational grants to help with
their tuition in any African University of their choice. The National
Essay Competition in Nigeria has produced 15 winners, some of which are
studying in various universities across Africa.
Applications are invited for:
Title: The Annual UBA Foundation National Essay Competition
Essay Topic: If you were in a position to help the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), what would you do?
Entry Procedures and Rules
Prizes to be won
- Applicant must submit their complete contact information (Name
and Address of school telephone number, residential and email addresses.
- Applicants must attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or international passport data page.
- Applicant must be Senior Secondary school students schooling in Nigeria
- The educational grant is only applicable to applicants who intent to study in Africa University
Application Closing Date
- Winner - N1,000,000 or its local currency equivalent for tuition fees.
- 1st runner-up - N750,000 or its local currency equivalent for tuition fees.
- 2nd runner-up - N500,000 or its local currency equivalent for tuition fees.
- All finalist will receive consolation prizes
4th November, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should send in their handwritten
essay entries of not more than 750 words on the above topic to:
UBA House (3rd Floor),
Any UBA Business Office in Nigeria for onward delivery to UBA Foundation
- Terms and conditions apply.
- UBA Foundation will not be responsible for any liabilities and losses resulting from participation
- The judges decision if final.