Eligibility Requirements for HOFOWEM Scholarship Award
- The scholarship programme is sponsored to give opportunity for brilliant indigent students in Lagos State Public Secondary School to pursue first degree courses in Nigeria.
- The recipients of this scholarship will choose courses that will address critical issues on Engineering, Environment, Food security, Education, Public health and other key areas that will address societal needs.
To qualify for the award:
Terms and Conditions for the Award
- An applicant must be an indigent and resident of Lagos State and must have an evidence of residency: Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LASRRA) Identification Number.
- Candidates must have prospects of securing admission into a recognized government Higher Institution in Nigeria before applying.
- Candidates must have been a student and obtain his/her Testimonial in any Public Secondary Schools in Lagos State.
- This scheme is for candidates pursuing undergraduate courses and candidates must have minimum of 4A’s - 6A’s in WASSCE or equivalent including English and Mathematics at one sitting.
- Candidates MUST be on full-time studies and NOT part-time.
- Students who enjoy Lagos State Bursary Award or any other Scholarship are NOT eligible.
Screening Exercise for Applicants
- The recipient of this scholarship will offer courses that will address critical issues in Engineering, Environment, Food Security, Education, Health and other key areas that will address societal needs. In addition;
- An awardee will not change the course of study specified in the letter of award without obtaining prior approval of HOFOWEM Scholarship Board
- A change in the University/Institution during the study will only be admissible with the prior approval of the HOFOWEM Scholarship Board
- An awardee stands to forfeit the Scholarship Award if the award is not utilited within a period of one (1) year, and
- The award is to be forfeited in the event of academic decline.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for the screening exercise.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2016.
Click Here To Apply Online
Check all latest Scholarships
Want to get a job fast?
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime