9th Edition of the National Art Competition 2016.
- Interested participants are to propose in writing accompanied
with a sketch, a short plan of their interpretation and creative
approach to the theme. This year's competition is open to all mediums.
- Applicants will be selected based on their written proposals (50%) and the submitted sketch (50%)
- We stress that Proposals only will be accepted.
- Completed or existing art works will not be accepted and will disqualify you from the selection process.
- Based on the submitted proposals, 12 finalists will be
shortlisted and invited to partake in a retreat at an exclusive location
which will result in the creation of works to be exhibited at the NAC
- Professor El Anatsui will head the artistic selection committee that will determine the winners this year.
- N2,000,000 + A solo show at AAF
Winner Outstanding Concept:
Winner Outstanding Production:
Application Closing Date
25th September, 2016.
How to Submit
Interested and qualified applicant shoud submitt their entries as a maximum 3 page PDF document (see instructions on how to submit below
) along with your:
How to Submit
- Name - Title First name, Middle name and Surname
- Date of Birth
- Present Location
- Email Address
- Telephone number
- Educational background
- Present occupation
- How did you learn about the 2016 National Art Competition?
Each proposal should contain 3 pages ONLY with the following information:
- Max one page pdf document with your education/exhibition history
(if any) and a short bio including your name, title first name, middle
name and surname, date of birth, present location, email address,
telephone number, present occupation, how did you learn about the 2016
National Art Competition?
- Max one page pdf document including a written proposal of how
you plan to execute the theme Interventions. Kindly include details
about your chosen method and medium.
- Max one page (A4) sketch (mandatory) illustrating your concept. You may scan it or turn in the hard copy at AAF HQ, 3B Isiola Oyekan, Off Adeleke Adedoyin, Victoria Island, Lagos.
The PDF files should be titled as follows: [Participant’s LAST NAME] _ [Participant’s FIRST NAME]_document title. pdf
All applications should be send to: email@example.com
Click here for more info