Bank of Industry - The Youth Entrepreneurship Support (YES) programme is
an ambitious programme by the Bank of Industry (BOI) aimed at
addressing youth unemployment in Nigeria which is currently over 50%.
According to a 2013 survey by the Nigerian Institute of Social and
Economic Research (NISER), most of the capacity building programmes
aimed at addressing youth unemployment, have concentrated more on
training without any tie-in to the provision of small business loans,
which is a critical success factor to the establishment of small
businesses. In addition, they hardly take care of the entire training
value chain in terms of Entrepreneurship, Business Management and
Components of the YES Programme
The YES-Programme comprises the following:
- Eight (8) weeks extensive online Entrepreneurship and Business
Management training which has the ability to test participants’
understanding and track their progress.
- Five (5) days in-class Entrepreneurship and Business Management training (5 modules).
- Technical skills training in partnership with the various technical training and vocational institutes in the country.
- Financing the businesses by BOI under its SME Cluster initiative
in consonance with the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa’s
Commodity-based Industrialisation Strategy.
Successful Applicants will be trained in the following areas:
- Business Management
- Technical Skills
The YES-Programme has the following broad objectives:
Who Can Apply?
- To create an interactive learning platform to train young
aspiring entrepreneurs in Entrepreneurship, Business Management and
Technical Skills that will ultimately translate into improved efficiency
- To kindle the entrepreneurial spirit of the youths.
- To act as an incubation center where business ideas are nurtured
to their full potential as well as entrenching global best practices
by inculcating a culture of innovation-driven entrepreneurship and
ethics in the programme participants.
- Promotion of self-employment among graduates of institutions of higher learning, thereby changing their job-seeking mindset.
- To deepen financial inclusion by de-risking the young aspiring
entrepreneurs and making them eligible for small business loans to be
provided by BOI.
To be eligible for the Competition you must satisfy the following criteria:
Application Closing Date
- The applicant must be a Nigerian.
- Must have a viable business idea within the 40 identified clusters that is operated, or will operate in Nigeria.
- Must be within the age limits of 18 and 35. (proof of identity:
International passport/Drivers License/National ID/Voters card
- Must possess a minimum educational qualification of Ordinary National Diploma (OND).
- Applicant must be able to carry out the application process online.
17th July, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click Here to Start Application
Procedures to Complete Application
- Check Your Eligibility
Check that you are qualified to apply. See the section “Who can apply?” above.
Click the link above to register if you have not already done so
You will receive a confirmation email from YES Programme with all the details you will need to log in.
- Complete Application
Once you have successfully registered, log in and click the “Start
Application” button on the Start Application Tab on this page. To return
to your application, click the “save and continue” button and come back
to it at any time. Once you are done with your application, click on
the “Submit” button at the end of the form to send it to us. You can
submit only ONE application per “application cycle” (typically 3-4
- Keep Informed
After the closing date you will be notified if you have been shortlisted
for the next stage of the competition. Constantly check the YES
Programme homepage for regular updates.
Applicants who applied for the first round but
were not successful are encouraged to improve on their submissions and