The Jim Ovia Scholarship was founded and funded by Mr. Jim Ovia since
1998, to provide financial aid to outstanding Nigeria youths. The
scholarship was previously known as the MUSTE scholarship. The awardees
are given funding for undergraduate study for the duration of the
undergraduate program. The award includes tuition and maintenance
allowance. The scheme offers an average of 100 opportunities every year.
The Financial records show that as at October 2010, Mr. Ovia has
invested 100 Million Naira in the program on 1500 beneficiaries.
Applications are invited for 2016 Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Student
Eligibility and Criteria
- To promote access to tertiary education
- To invest in the future leaders of Nigeria
- To provide a platform that encourages competitiveness and promotes equal opportunities in workplace
- To bridge the knowledge gap among Nigerian Youth
Jim Ovia Scholarship Application Guide
- The scholarship is open to all potential students of Nigerian citizenship.
- One hundred (100) awardees are selected each year from a pool of eligible applicants.
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of personal intellectual
ability, leadership capability and a desire to contribute to society at
large to improve the lives of others.
New and Renewing Applicants
- Completed online application
- Valid Government ID (e.g. International passport, Voter’s Card,
National ID or Driver’s License) Please note that a certificate of
origin or birth certificate will not be accepted as a valid form of ID.
The only exception will be for minors below the age of 18 years who are
unable to apply for a government ID. In which case, a birth
certificate will be accepted in lieu of a government ID for such
- An official original letter (not photocopied) letter from your school/Head of Department stating the following:
- Your full-name
- Course Title
- Department of Study
- Matriculation number
Newly matriculated who have not yet received a matriculation number or
school ID must provide a provisional admission letter to their
institution of study.
Method of Application
- Original Secondary School Certificate (WAEC or NECO)
- Original JAMB certificate
- A valid student ID for your host institution (University/College)
- A passport photograph
Interested candidates should apply online
- When the page opens Click on ‘LOG IN’ or ‘REGISTER NOW’ at top
right hand corner of the homepage. Create a new account or login with
your existing credentials if you already have a Jim Ovia Scholar
- Between September 15 and November 15 when the
scholarship application form becomes available, you can begin your
application. Ensure to fill out all the data completely and accurately
on your application.
Check all latest Scholarships
Want to get a job fast?
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime