UBA 2012 National Essay Competition for Secondary Schools
Updated on Sep 25, 2012
UBA Foundation, the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) arm of the United Bank of Africa, is pleased to announce the commencement of the 2012 edition of the National Essay Competition amongst secondary schools in Nigeria. The essay competition is a follow-up of the Read Africa initiative of the foundation, which involves giving out literature books to secondary school students to help rekindle the reading culture amongst the youths in Africa.
The programme involves mentoring and reading sessions with the students.
Entry procedures and rules:
- Applicants must attach copies of their original birth certificates or photocopies of international passport data page
- Applicants must be senior secondary school students in Nigerian Secondary Schools
- Applicants should send in handwritten essay entries of not more than 750 words on the competition topic
- Applicants must submit their complete contact information (school name and address, residential address, phone number and email address)
- The educational grant is only applicable to applicants who intend to study in an African University.
The Decision of the judges is Final.
UBA Essay Competition Topic
''As an African President, what would your plans be for the educational sector''
- Winner: N1,000,000.00 (One Million Naira) towards university tuition/fees and a Brand New Laptop.
- 1st Runner-Up: N750,000.00 (Seven hundred and fifty thousand naira) towards University tuition/fees and a Brand New Laptop.
- 2nd Runner-Up: N500,000.00 (Five hundred thousand naira) towards University tuition/fees and a Brand New Laptop
- Consolation Prizes will be given to the finalists.
The panel of 3 judges is made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities
Deadline For Entries: 2nd November, 2012
Late entry will not be accepted.
Entries should be sent to:
Marketing & Corporate Relations Division
United Bank for Africa Plc| UBA House (3rd Floor)
57 Marina, Lagos, Nigeria
Please note that terms and conditions guiding the competition shall apply to all winners.
UBA Foundation will not be held responsible for any liabilities & losses resulting from participation
For more useful career and job tips, follow myjobmag.com on Twitter for timely tweets, join us on Facebook for better conversation and subscribe to our email-list for weekly updates.
Any comments? Kindly use the comment box below.