The Lagos State Scholarship Board is the agency in charge of scholarship, bursary and other related matters within the state. It grants Scholarship awards to deserving indigenes in various tertiary institutions for full time studies in order to assist these students financially.
Process for Eligibility for Local Under-Graduate Scholarship Award
1.) All applicants must have gained full time admission into an accredited Nigerian tertiary Institution.
2.) All Under-graduate applicants:
- Where CGPA scale is 7.0 (e.g University of Ibadan) he /she must possess a minimum of 4.9/7.0
- Where CGPA scale is 5.0 (e.g University of Lagos) he /she must possess a minimum of 3.5/5.0
- Where CGPA scale is 4.0 (e.g polytechnics and colleges of education) he /she must possess a Minimum of 2.8/4.0
- Where applicant is a medical student in 200L, option i, ii and iii applies
- Where applicant is a medical student in 300L and above a minimum of Credit is required in their result
3.) All applicants must be in their second year or above
4.) All applicants must have completed LASRRA Registration
5.) All applicants must have a signed letter of identification from their respective Oba
6.) All applicants must have a signed letter of identification from their respective local government
7.) All applicants must purchase a Scholarship application form. (Payment of N2,000.00 for Local Scholarship) through the Office of Special Adviser on Education, Block 5, 3rd Floor, Alausa Secretariat.
8.) All applicants must upload clear scanned copies of all documents to ascertain the genuineness of their claims. Documents like:
- Admission Letter
- School Identity Card or Valid means of school identification
- Letter of identification from Oba
- Letter of identification from Local Government.
- SSCE result
- Lagos State Resident Registration Agency(LASSRA) registration card.
- Passport Photograph (clear background not older than three months).
- Transcript or Result statement duly signed and stamped from school stating previous session CGPA results clearly
- Shortlisted applicant must participate in a Computer Based Test on 12th and 13th April, 2016 conducted by Dragnet Solutions Limited in conjunction with Lagos State Scholarship Board.
Application Closing Date
1st April, 2016.
Method of Application
1.) Before you start this application, ensure you have purchased a Scholarship application form (Payment of N2,000.00 for Local Scholarship) through the Office of Special Adviser on Education, Block 5, 3rd Floor, Alausa Secretariat then secure your Voucher pin from the Scholarship Board office. Thereafter, have clear scanned copies of the following documents:
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- Treasury receipt of N2,000 for the scholarship form
- Admission Letter
- School Identity Card
- SSCE Certificate
- Letter of identification from Oba
- Letter of identification from Local Government
- LASSRA registration card
- Transcript or Statement of Results duly signed and stamped from school stating previous session CGPA results clearly
2.) Ensure that information are filled accurately to avoid mix up after application
3.) Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents during upload
4.) Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
Click Here To Start Application
To apply, follow the steps below:
- Click on "Apply Now" tab.
- Click on "Register Now" to create an account.
- Proceed to your email box to activate your account
- Click on www.scholastica.ng to return to Scholarship site
- Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
- Enter your personal information, additional information, educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
- Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
- Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
- When asked to upload photo, upload a pass-port photograph with a white background.
- Recheck application information to avoid errors
- Click "Apply Now" to submit information and provide the secret voucher pin and LASSRA Number in the appropriate column
- You will receive an email and a sms that confirms your application was successful.
- Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
- Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
- Keep the hard copy of the signed profile, this would also be used for verification
- Please read the eligibility requirement carefully.
- Refer to the FAQ page for better clarification.
- To secure your voucher pin proceed to the Lagos Scholarship Board office, 254 Ipaja road, Agege, Lagos and show them your treasury receipt.
- Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board.
- Successful applicants will be contacted for oral interview
check out the latest Lagos State Government Jobs here
Check all latest Scholarships
Want to get a job fast?
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime