Cussons Chemistry Challenge was initiated in 2013 by the PZ Cussons
Foundation to stimulate, inspire and reward the study of science and
chemistry in particular among Senior Secondary school students.
Chemistry is a dynamic and interesting discipline that cuts across all
areas of human lives. It is the central science that is deeply ingrained
in Health Care, Engineering, Business, Management, Government,
Marketing, Product Development, Environmental Management and even Law.
PZ Cussons Carex Chemistry Challenge 2015
- In view of this central and important role, PZ Cussons is
promoting the study of chemistry through open competition amongst
Nigerian secondary schools.
- The primary objective of the competition is to stimulate and
inspire the learning of Chemistry amongst students and raise their IQ.
It is to also demonstrate the relevance and role of chemistry in our
Stage 1 (All Participants)
- The Champion will be crowned along with his/her teacher, parents
and school in a special award ceremony with principal officers from
Premier and other relevant stakeholders (Prize - General gift)
- The competition shall be in three stages; First Stage, Second Stage and the Main Challenge.
Stage 2 (100 Participants)
- The First stage shall be a written quiz and all screened candidates shall participate at this stage.
- Prizes: General gifts
Final Stage (4 Participants)
- The Second stage shall also be a written quiz and only the best 100 from the first stage shall qualify for the stage.
- Prizes: Certificate of Merit and general gifts.
- The Final stage is the Main Challenge, it shall be the battle of
the guns. Only the best four from the Second stage shall qualify for
the Finals. Only those who understand Chemistry as a discipline and how
it relates to the real world will stand a chance to be crowned the 2014
Champion. Who would that be?
- Prizes: Cash Awards + Gifts.
- Competition is open to all chemistry students in SS 3 only
- Only 2 students per school
- Students have to be schooling in Lagos only
- Students are to be sponsored by their Secondary Schools
- Entries are Open to both Private and Public secondary schools
- Alternatively, students / schools can pick up entry forms from
the Lagos state Ministry of Education or either of the 6 educational
- Candidates are advised to provide their true and reachable phone
numbers and email address as exam centres would be communicated to them
via these medium
- Entry is FREE
- 1st Prize: N700,000 and a Laptop.
- 2nd Prize: N500,000 and a Laptop.
- 3rd Prize: N400,000 and a Laptop.
- 4th Prize: N300,000 and a Laptop.
- 1st Prize: N100,000.
- 2nd Prize: N80,000.
- 3rd Prize: N70,000.
- 4th Prize: N60,000.
- 1st Prize: N100,000 worth of Chemistry Books.
- 2nd Prize: N80,000 worth of Chemistry Books.
- 3rd Prize: N70,000 worth of Chemistry Books.
- 4th Prize: N60,000 worth of Chemistry Books.
And lots of consolation prizes including cash prizes of N50,000 each for the 5th to 10th positions.
Application Closing Date
- Candidates should ensure they register only once.
- Click on the link below
- The form will download
- Print the downloaded form
- Fill the form (Note: All Forms must be duly signed and stamped by school principal).
4th November, 2015.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicant should:
Click here to download and print the registration form
For more information, click here
- Complete the form, and ensure that it is duly signed or stamped by your Parent/Guardian and Principal/Authorized Personnel.
- Scan your completed form and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check all latest Scholarships
Want to get a job fast?
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime