The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is a parastatal of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources established by Decree 25 of 1973 for the purpose of developing and promoting petroleum technology and for creating the manpower needs of the oil and gas industry through research and training of Nigerians.
To ensure a steadfast implementation of this mandate, PTDF is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for Overseas and in-Country Master's Scholarships. Awards will be granted for studies in the 2016/2017 academic session in the United Kingdom Germany, Australia, USA and France (Grenoble INP) as well as PTDF upgraded Universities in Nigeria.
PTDF PhD Oversea Scholarship Scheme (Overseas & Local)
PhD (OSS And LSS)
Documents to Scan and Attach to the Application Form
- Applicants must be in the academics in Nigerian Institutions, teaching an oil and gas related discipline.
- Applicants must possess minimum of 2.2 in their first degree and a good second degree certificate.
- Applicants must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, Introduction, Objective, Methodology and Mode of Data Collection.
- Applicants must include a valid admission letter.
- Applicants must not be over 40 years of age.
- Applicants must include their masters degree project.
Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach to their online application forms:
List of Approved Courses for Sponsorship
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result.
- NYSC discharge certificate.
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO Results or provide PIN numbers on the application forms to enable PTDF view the results on the relevant website.
- Recent Passport Photograph.
- Local Government Identification Letter.
- Master’s Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only).
- Admission Letter (PhD Applicants).
- Birth Certificate.
Scholarships will be offered for admission into the under listed courses (for overseas MSc). Candidates are advised, to apply for admission into Universities in the UK, Germany, Norway Australia and the United States that offer these courses, while applying for the Petroleum Technology Development Fund Scholarship. The Local scholarship scheme applicants can apply to all Federal Universities and Centre of Exellence in Courses core to Oil and Gas Industry MSc Programs
PhD - Priority Research Areas
- Assets Management (Engineering Asset Management)
- Basin Evolution and Dynamics
- Control System And Applied Instrumentation
- Design of Rotating Machines
- Diving and Under Water Technology
- Energy Systems Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Remote Sensing
- Fire and Explosion Engineering
- Flow Assurance
- Fluid Mechanics and Energetic (France)
- Health Safety and Environmental
- Hydraulic Engineering (France)
- International Shipping
- Marine computational Fluid Dynamics
- Maritime Operation
- Offshore and Ocean Technology
- Offshore Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering (UK, UNSW, Australia)
- Pipeline Engineering
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
- Refinery Design and Operations
- Renewable Energy Engineering (UNSW - Australia)
- Subsea Engineering
- Thermal Power (Gas Turbine Option)
- Geothermal Engineering (Germany)
- Mechatronics and Mechanical Systems Engineering (USP - Brasil, Germany)
- Naval and Ocean Engineering (USP, Brazil)
- Mining and Petroleum Engineering (USP, Brasil)
- Production Engineering (USP, Brasil)
- Systems Engineering and Engineering (Germany)
- Geology and Petroleum Geology (Germany)
- Reservoir Engineering/Production Technology (Germany)
The PhD research areas in addition to the afore-listed MSc program areas may also include any of the following related areas:
Application Closing Date
- Environmental Studies and HSE (Health, Safety and Environment).
- Marginal Fields Development.
- Flow Assurance and Pipeline Engineering.
- Geology and Petroleum Geology.
- Civil and Marine Engineering.
- Renewable Energy.
- Reservoir Engineering/Production Technology.
- Refining Technology.
- Ship Building and Marine Technology
31st October 2015. Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to Start Application Note:
When the page opens, Click "Apply now" under the "Quick Links" at the right corner of the page, then select your preferred scholarship programme. DO NOT REFRESH YOUR BROWSER OR CLICK YOUR BROWSER BACK BUTTON WHILE APPLYING.
Application Forms can be accessed online using an ATM (Interswitch, Master Card & Visa card) or through purchase of a scratch card from designated main branches of First Bank of Nigeria Plc in all the 36 States and FCT, upon payment of a Non-Refundable sum of N1,000 (One Thousand Naira Only). Instructions on how to access the form online is clearly stated on the backside of the cards.