The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is the Federal
Government's Agency mandate to build capacities in the Nigerian oil and
gas industry. The Fund has over the years developed and implemented
several programmes to meet identified human resource requirements to
enhance the active participation of Nigerians in the industry.
2015 PTDF Geoscience Training Programme (GTP)
In furtherance of the attainment of its mandate, (PTDF), the Fund wishes
to commence the Geosciences Training Programme (GTP) designed to
increase local capacities for geosciences knowledge, application and
analytical skills in the oil and gas industry. This initiative entails
the training of Nigerian graduates of Geology or Geosciences at the
Laser Petroleum Geosciences Centre in Port Harcourt for effective
participation in the industry’s upstream sector activities to enhance
Nigerian Content Development. The GTP is of 5 months duration.
Further to the above, the Fund hereby invites applications from suitably
qualified candidates who meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of first degree in Geology and Geosciences ONLY
- A minimum of second class lower degree
- Must have completed the National Youth service Corps (NYSC)
- Must not be above 30 years of age
- Must be computer literate
- Must be available to undertake a 6 months Post Training Attachment Programme
- Must attach all credentials/documents while submitting application.
To complete the Geosciences Training Programme application form, the required documents to be uploaded are;
- O' level, WAEC or NECO results,
- First degree and /or M.Sc. certificate
- NYSC discharge certificate
- Evidence of date of birth or age declaration
- Evidence of State of origin
- Passport photograph
- Candidates must also provide their Contact phone numbers and email addresses.
- The Fund will sponsor only a limited number of Trainees for the programme.
- Candidates who do not meet the above conditions NEED NOT APPLY.
August 21st, 2015.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to proceed
Only those who meet the requirements would be short listed and invited for the training programme.